Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

So, I thought this was interesting. As I was surfing around on youtube earlier, I came across a mock close for WGN which used music that I've never heard before. It still has the signature of "Chicago's very own," but it's way different than any of the cuts they currently use. I'm guessing it's part of the package which never was fully rolled out, and is only heard in the talent opens and bumpers. I wonder why it just surfaced recently...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, but Rich King has been doing Instant Replay most weeks over the last several months. Heck, even when Dan was just at Spring Training, he didn't host, even after doing so in previous years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, WGN is airing spring training games in HD this year? Is this is the first year they've ever done that? I wonder if it was mandated by their new contract.

I would imagine it's probably getting tough to produce things in SD these days, most production trucks are HD now. I very much doubt it was mandated by any sort of contract.

• 2 weeks later...
I really hope Demetrius gets some sort of reward for his coverage. He is doing a fantastic job.

They can start with not making him do the 4am tomorrow. Paul can handle it for a day; it's only fair. Demetrius is doing great tonight; I think he's starting to emerge as the heir apparent to Tom, even though he'll probably have to wait a while.

They can start with not making him do the 4am tomorrow. Paul can handle it for a day; it's only fair. Demetrius is doing great tonight; I think he's starting to emerge as the heir apparent to Tom, even though he'll probably have to wait a while.

He looks like he's about to shed a tear.