Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

The funny thing is WGN wouldn't even have to do much to stretch this current set another few years, instead of making a bunch of quick repairs when the sky keeps falling. Just look at what channel 7 did; they switched out the backdrops, fixed up the lighting, and gave themselves a bit of an extension so their set can hit the decade mark without looking like it's in shambles.

I definetely think they're cheap. When they do lives hits outside the studio in the hallway you can see scuff marks all over the walls and the announcer desk on the am news is a joke. Also, the tvs, studio laptops, monitors etc. We're all just updated not that long ago due to ten years of use. That's a long time for crucial equipment to be used in a business setting. Business technology that's important and consistently utilized is typically updated like once every three years or so. Even the mic flags are all worn out. Sean lewis made a joke a year or two ago about how they just updated the ancient phone system there. Idk this is just all my opinion but I could be wrong.

The funny thing is WGN wouldn't even have to do much to stretch this current set another few years, instead of making a bunch of quick repairs when the sky keeps falling. Just look at what channel 7 did; they switched out the backdrops, fixed up the lighting, and gave themselves a bit of an extension so their set can hit the decade mark without looking like it's in shambles.

7 Still has the old news brand all over the walls on that set though... that in itself is kind of baffling, they changed out the backdrop but left up the old wallpaper (I realize it's not wallpaper). I kind of like 9's set... It's a bit dated but it has aged rather well.

Why even have an evening traffic reporter when Sarah is off? Might as well eliminate the segment instead. Heck, even when Sarah is there, they don't always have her do a traffic report; sometimes she does a feature report or something else instead, so it's not like they do traffic reporting every single night.

And it's hardly ever from SkyCam like the opening says: "and Sarah Jindra from SkyCam 9." Shes almost always at the green screen. Personally, I think evening traffic person is a waste of money. Everyone who needs the traffic report is pretty much driving home or at work so it's pointless unless you have a tv at work or in your car. I'd use the $ towards a new set.