Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

You whiffed on my meaning 'J, I mean who wants to work thanksgiving? Somewhere else is anywhere but working on thanksgiving... Most likely sleeping In and hanging out with family and friends, going to parties etc. I know I would rather be home than working a lousy parade. Maybe they liked it but I am not implying they'd rather be somewhere else. Just because you do what you are assigned does not me you ran up to the front of the line enthusiastically to do it.

I kinda thought you meant Thanksgiving, but I opted for the extreme.

I kinda thought you meant Thanksgiving, but I opted for the extreme.

I honestly hope WGN wouldn't be dumb enough to get rid of them. I am under the impression the morning talent loves being there so I can't see the extreme scenario happening anytime soon.

Having worked the TV side of the parade for a # of years, the hosts have it pretty easy. The scripts are already done, so it's just a matter of doing a quick run through, dressing warmly, being able to read without sounding like you are and that's it. It's much easier now since they have all the performances first and then the parade instead of mixing them in. Heck...Mark and Micah, in theory, could be back home by Noon (if not sooner). Despite the weather, its a cool experience to have under your belt.

Having worked the TV side of the parade for a # of years, the hosts have it pretty easy. The scripts are already done, so it's just a matter of doing a quick run through, dressing warmly, being able to read without sounding like you are and that's it. It's much easier now since they have all the performances first and then the parade instead of mixing them in. Heck...Mark and Micah, in theory, could be back home by Noon (if not sooner). Despite the weather, its a cool experience to have under your belt.

I suppose the question I would have is: does it get repetitive to do?

I suppose the question I would have is: does it get repetitive to do?

No. There is always something different to do/to learn. I got to play stage director, if you will, most of the time. One year, the Santa float blew by too fast with about 1 min. left to fill at the end and I had to chase it down before it got out of camera range. Good times...

I'm watching the parade right now, and I have to say that I do enjoy Suppelsa. He's funny with his commentary, better than Paul Konrad, but I don't like Micah Materre. Not as energetic as Robin. Mark and Robin would be cool, but they don't get a chance to work together so I guess we won't see that happen. 8/10 on this parade coverage, though.

We tossed it around back in September, but never really got an answer. Based on several instances in the last few weeks, Dina Bair is Micah's main fill-in on the 'Evening News' on most days, with Julie Unruh backing up at nine.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that was the arrangement yesterday. Dina also did the evening show, even though Julie Unruh was in-studio, reporting. Unruh then anchored at 9. This is why I think the 4 and 5 should have should have been broken up with 3 or 4 anchors over the 2 hours, but oh well.

I think that was the arrangement yesterday. Dina also did the evening show, even though Julie Unruh was in-studio, reporting. Unruh then anchored at 9. This is why I think the 4 and 5 should have should have been broken up with 3 or 4 anchors over the 2 hours, but oh well.

I think it's got less to do with that and more to do with available personnel.

I agree. Tom really should be a regular anchor. He's a pro.