Phil Lipof new WABC hire

IceManNYR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He's good, looks like WABC made a great choice by hiring him. He has the right attitude everytime (knows when to be funny and knows when to be serious), I think he's a much better replacement of Charles Perez.

-Vlad

So, is he the offiical weekend morning or evening anchor?

Weekend AM.... with Michelle Charlesworth (who is back from maternity leave).

With all the subs and changes, maybe this is why they pushed off the new gfx and intros.

Yup, Phil is very good. Don't get me started with Charles Perez. He was too unprofessional and to me is so bad that I wouldn't even want him on CBS2. He's always leaning all up on the newsdesk as if he's about to go to bed on it. I could tell, if you heard Sandra while he was there and the side comments she made, I know she didn't like him at all.

I agree that Phil has done a good job, but Steve and Lori are great, and my guess is that the only way that he'd end up with the job is if Steve gets in trouble again.

Steve, better watch out, lol. But yeah, Lori and Steve are really great together, but it looks like Steve's contract has recently been renewed, so hes with the station as long as he doesn't get into anymore trouble.

-Vlad

Archived