KTLA's New Graphics (New Set?)

n925tv

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We may have got a peek at new graphics last night.

Go to 53 seconds. Same design as KCPQ's current lower third.

Good find, also found a possible hint at the new open. The start is normal, but the final slide is certainly different. Slightly different logo as well that has been used for their several Dodgers promos. It certainly matches the new L3 as well.

Capture.JPG.5dc193211d8eebbf09d8e44c2faa6a84.JPG

upload_2016-9-26_21-28-56.png.d60ec6a055d3890b5c655b9382d24400.png

Good find, also found a possible hint at the new open. The start is normal, but the final slide is certainly different. Slightly different logo as well that has been used for their several Dodgers promos. It certainly matches the new L3 as well.

[ATTACH=full]3361[/ATTACH]

That was displayed throughout the weekend. 5:30pm on Saturday and 7:00pm on Sunday. Its a preview of next week, thats for sure.

I hope the Hollywood sign in the picture above isn't the final product. That is the exact same picture/duratran in the current set.

I don't want to judge it before the final product makes it to air, but that would be disappointing if they stuck with those same duratrans. They looked passé even in 2009.

I don't want to judge it before the final product makes it to air, but that would be disappointing if they stuck with those same duratrans. They looked passé even in 2009.

The same instagram user that posted that previous 2 set shots has an instagram story right now that pans the new set. Its a little shaky but I don't see the hollywood duratrans. It looks like to me that it may be a rear projector screen and they happened to have had a shot of that duratrans at the time the pic was taken.

Just looked at the aforementioned IG story. Man, I am underwhelmed. The previous poster is right, the Hollywood duratran is gone, but I still feel underwhelmed. I will reserve judgement until 10/10 when this thing debuts. Also, 10/10 does seem like hard date. It was confirmed on the KTLA Morning News FB page as well.

Mind posting a link to that panorama of the set? Can't seem to find it on his Instagram page.

You can only view it on the app. If you have it, tap the guy's profile pic, and that'll show it (for 24 hours after posting). I took some screenshots of it, and I'll post it when I get back to my desktop.

I get you enjoy providing comic relief, which you do a great job at, but there are times when I've found your comments to be inappropriate in the past, this being one of them.

Sorry it didn't sit well with you. I wish everyone would think everything is funny...but I can't please everyone.

I will keep your comments in mind for the future.

Moving on,

A Jew, Monk and Brian Williams walk into a bar.........

So I guess the plans for the newsroom set are out?

KTLA was always going to have a studio set from the beginning. I think it was mentioned previously that their newsroom will recieve an extensive overhaul and will include some sort of on-air presentation area ( I don't think it will be a full blown set though). Due to the work on the Sunset Bronson Studios lot, KTLA's work had to be done in phases. I believe once the new set is up and running, that they'll start the newsroom overhaul.

Looks like we can expect new mic flags as well. I am watching the 6pm news now. I have seen two packages with new all blue and white mic flags instead of the blue and black ones. They match the new logo that someone posted a few days ago.

New BDI set and graphics package debuted as advertised at 1 PM. However, they are still using their old music for their opens. The 1 PM and 3 PM news are now being branded as the Afternoon News.

ktla1.JPG.58163856ada3f1fa825bc4ff1aa4c92c.JPG

ktla6.thumb.JPG.cc4f1465586b0799560c0f85fd92514d.JPG

Capture.JPG.6d7abbc3d57187ba6e117763be6496ca.JPG

ktla7.JPG.fab6641ab98ec7b57facf6e0b17213cb.JPG

ktla8.JPG.f7c2536aec54fdb39ae7ecfbb3c243c7.JPG

ktla3.JPG.07bd2d5bc6858595e9061860f16624f9.JPG

ktla4.JPG.96dd430bc1a9d72ecc3fc59f451c08b4.JPG

Before and after look:

[MEDIA=twitter]786331189963395072[/MEDIA]

And a wide look at the new set:

[MEDIA=twitter]786309511527006208[/MEDIA]

Archived