KTLA's New Graphics (New Set?)

n925tv

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where did you hear this news at?

Christina Pascucci posted a video a few days back briefly mentioning they are tearing down the current old building. KTLA has also been using their new parking structure for a few 10 PM live shots as well.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Much more information now of the changes coming at KTLA. Currently, KTLA is in 3 separate buildings: the newsroom, the current Stage 7/8, and the engineering building. Soon, the studio and engineering department will be moved into KTLA's current newsroom building, and the new set will be on Stage 6, which is connected to KTLA's building. In addition to the new set, a complete newsroom remodel is in the works. I've included renderings as well from today.

Keep in mind, no renderings of the set have been shown yet, however they are floating around KTLA and I'm sure they will pop up soon. According to Chris Burrous, he says it will be an open newsroom, with the set and work area in the same room, but I believe what he is mentioning, is just the standup newsroom shots. The set itself will be in the new Stage 6, which is connected to KTLA's current building.

The Assignment Desk/Newsroom:

ktlaset3.JPG.918714102b767a1930b0d52e149f4173.JPG

Some kind of Tech Center/Newscenter Control Room?

ktlaset1.JPG.40fcc18f06e36ad5290f27688817b4cf.JPG

Final capture:

ktlaset2.JPG.5f928ad47870a8e35005f45bf371b63b.JPG

Much more information now of the changes coming at KTLA. Currently, KTLA is in 3 separate buildings: the newsroom, the current Stage 7/8, and the engineering building. Soon, the studio and engineering department will be moved into KTLA's current newsroom building, and the new set will be on Stage 6, which is connected to KTLA's building. In addition to the new set, a complete newsroom remodel is in the works. I've included renderings as well from Chris Burrous' Facebook live video from today.

Keep in mind, no renderings of the set have been shown yet, however they are floating around KTLA and I'm sure they will pop up soon. According to Chris, he says it will be an open newsroom, with the set and work area in the same room, but I believe what he is mentioning, is just the standup newsroom shots. The set itself will be in the new Stage 6, which is connected to KTLA's current building.

The Assignment Desk/Newsroom:

[ATTACH=full]2976[/ATTACH]

Some kind of Tech Center/Newscenter Control Room?

[ATTACH=full]2977[/ATTACH]

Final capture:

[ATTACH=full]2978[/ATTACH]

I'm usually not excited about new sets or new newsroom concepts since most are starting to become normal and plain and pretty much used to (thanks Scripps and Sinclair), but I'm actually excited about this!

• 1 month later...

Was just looking at KTLA reporter/fill in anchor Nerissa Knight's FB page. One of her videos showed a pretty good behind the scenes of the KTLA newsroom. At the very end of the approx 10min video, she said that the newsroom would be complete in February. I know their parking structure is complete. Just curious to see if anyone has any additional info on the new set (stage 6) or newsroom remodel/debut.

The countdown clock is in place in the KTLA Control Room, further confirming Saturday, October 1st is the magic day.

As for what Nerissa said about the February, I would suspect that KTLA is doing one thing at a time, and once the new set on Stage 6 is complete and running, construction on the new KTLA newsroom will start.

Capture.JPG.a8bac6d91d8b5550390e9650a5087f14.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Set update: KTLA's new set will now debut a week later, on Monday October 10th. It's not going to be "shock" compared to what they have currently, but it will be a significant change. Rehearsals on the new set will begin next week. "Lots of kinks to be worked out."

Set update: KTLA's new set will now debut a week later, on Monday October 10th. It's not going to be "shock" compared to what they have currently, but it will be a significant change. Rehearsals on the new set will begin next week. "Lots of kinks to be worked out."

Do you know if they will be debuting a new graphic package and/or theme package as well?

I'm actually excited to see what the new set that KTLA will debut. Their old set is long overdue since is been around for more than a decade. Not saying it was in a WJZ situation but it was heading there so glad they pulled off the card and got the green light to build and soon debut a new one.

I'm actually excited to see what the new set that KTLA will debut. Their old set is long overdue since is been around for more than a decade. Not saying it was in a WJZ situation but it was heading there so glad they pulled off the card and got the green light to build and soon debut a new one.

The current set is NOT over 10 years old. They got it in 2009, I believe.

Do you know if they will be debuting a new graphic package and/or theme package as well?

From what I heard yes, but don't quote me on that. Sneak peaks of the new graphics have been briefly shown on promo commercials, that have been airing during the recent Dodger games. Ultimately I guess we will wait and see.

I believe KTLA's current set/studio dates back to 1997, when they had a huge overhaul. I remember the Morning News "blowing up" their old set and debuting the new one. In/around 2004, they got a new GM, Vinnie Malcolm. Under his watch, "News at Ten" was renamed "Prime News" and the KTLA Morning News was shortly renamed "KTLA Morning Show." At this time, the station got a new look. I called it the spaceship studio. It retained most of the "guts" of the 1997 studio which includes the video wall/performance area that is still there today. Fast forward to 2009 when Don Corsini took over and they got their current look. So yes, a complete, top to bottom revamp is long overdue for KTLA. I am glad that they are moving out of Stage 7/8 so this will be a completely new look.

Take a look at Kacey Montoya's Instagram. Late last week she posted a pic with fellow reporter Christina Pascucci in the new studio, but only in front of the green screen. No sneak peeks yet. Also take a look at the KTLA Morning News FB page. This morning, Chris, Lynette and Liberte were talking about new seating arrangements on the new set. I am curious to see how this thing looks. As of right now 2, 7 and 52 have the best studios in the market.

From what I heard yes, but don't quote me on that. Sneak peaks of the new graphics have been briefly shown on promo commercials, that have been airing during the recent Dodger games. Ultimately I guess we will wait and see.

I did see those promos during the Dodgers game and was wondering if it was a sneak peek of things to come.

I believe KTLA's current set/studio dates back to 1997, when they had a huge overhaul. I remember the Morning News "blowing up" their old set and debuting the new one. In/around 2004, they got a new GM, Vinnie Malcolm. Under his watch, "News at Ten" was renamed "Prime News" and the KTLA Morning News was shortly renamed "KTLA Morning Show." At this time, the station got a new look. I called it the spaceship studio. It retained most of the "guts" of the 1997 studio which includes the video wall/performance area that is still there today. Fast forward to 2009 when Don Corsini took over and they got their current look. So yes, a complete, top to bottom revamp is long overdue for KTLA. I am glad that they are moving out of Stage 7/8 so this will be a completely new look.

Take a look at Kacey Montoya's Instagram. Late last week she posted a pic with fellow reporter Christina Pascucci in the new studio, but only in front of the green screen. No sneak peeks yet. Also take a look at the KTLA Morning News FB page. This morning, Chris, Lynette and Liberte were talking about new seating arrangements on the new set. I am curious to see how this thing looks. As of right now 2, 7 and 52 have the best studios in the market.

Yes, you're correct that KTLA had a huge overhaul set/graphics/music/logo in 1997. However, on Jan.1, 2005 they debuted their new look which also included a huge overhaul as well. This set was completely new and didn't retain anything from the 1997 set. In 2009, the set was more than a refresh but less than a full gut as they retained elements from the 2005 set but made some substantial changes. So the current look is from 2009 but elements of this set date back to 2005.

I did see those promos during the Dodgers game and was wondering if it was a sneak peek of things to come.

Are these the same promo graphics that have been used for the better part of a year now?

Archived