The iHeartMedia (formerly Clear Channel) Thread

SterlingNorth

Let's open up a Clear Channel thread.

First news, Clear Channel is changing its name to "iHeartMedia" after its successful smartphone app -- iHeartRadio -- for which there is an ad for on the [formerly] Clear Channel radio stations every 4 minutes.

New York, NY – September 16, 2014 – Clear Channel announced today that it has become iHeartMedia, reflecting the company’s success in becoming a one-of-a-kind multi-platform media company with unparalleled reach and impact.

“iHeartMedia reflects our commitment to being the media company that provides the most entertainment to the most engaged audiences wherever they go, with more content and more events in more places on more devices,” said Bob Pittman, Chairman and CEO of iHeartMedia, Inc. “We have massive consumer reach and influence across our platforms because we know how to program the live content people want to hear, see and share right now, we are the largest mobile media company in existence -- more than 60 percent of our broadcast usage is out of home, compared to just 30 percent for other mobile devices – and we deliver more live programming than any other media company today, built on the national and local on-air personalities who are the heart of our powerful broadcast radio franchises. Combined with Clear Channel Outdoor’s reach of over half a billion people worldwide across 30 countries and five continents, it’s clear that no other company can match our reach or broad spectrum of media platforms.”

Read more at Clear Channel's PR site.

(h/t DCRTV).

Is Clear Channel, uh, iHeartMedia, ever going to officially move the headquarters to New York? They continue to claim San Antonio is headquarters but the HQ building on Basse and another building off of Stone Oak Pkwy (I have no idea what's there but Clear Channel owns that building), are mostly empty now and Bob Pittman is based in New York and all of the press releases come from New York now. All the decisions come from NYC now. Might as well just move the HQ too and make it official...

Is Clear Channel, uh, iHeartMedia, ever going to officially move the headquarters to New York? They continue to claim San Antonio is headquarters but the HQ building on Basse and another building off of Stone Oak Pkwy (I have no idea what's there but Clear Channel owns that building), are mostly empty now and Bob Pittman is based in New York and all of the press releases come from New York now. All the decisions come from NYC now. Might as well just move the HQ too and make it official...

your corporate taxes I believe are MUCH lower than what Cuomo and his minions in Albany are doing to the entire state. I know companies have been relocating from the NYC area to Texas so I bet that's why they are staying in their hometown.

your corporate taxes I believe are MUCH lower than what Cuomo and his minions in Albany are doing to the entire state. I know companies have been relocating from the NYC are to Texas so I bet that's why they are staying in their hometown.

Didn't think about that. You would be right about that. In fact Abbott (who will likely win) has been campaigning on that platform saying every day businesses are leaving California (and I'm sure NY as well) and moving to Texas because of lower taxes and minimal regulation...

Archived