WBBH New Set

who?cares

It's not a carbon copy of KSAZ (for one, KSAZ has the weather center stage right; their standup area is also different) but it's fairly close to it with backlighting and a standing desk, plus a smaller-scale videowall.

That NBC 2 logo is as bland as they come.

Looks like WINK is going to have to step up their game in terms of their studio. But yeah, that new logo looks too generic.

And speaking of WINK they use Look F, but yet I saw this on WBBH's website.

live_radar.jpg

132e0a417734af5c447c3eb96c8b64f6.jpg

Looks like they're using Look F or at least a knockoff of it as well. So both the NBC and CBS stations in Ft. Myers are using similar looking packages. WTF?

http://www.nbc-2.com/video

It's not a carbon copy of KSAZ (for one, KSAZ has the weather center stage right; their standup area is also different) but it's fairly close to it with backlighting and a standing desk, plus a smaller-scale videowall.

That NBC 2 logo is as bland as they come.

It's FAR better than WTEV's...er, WJAX's new logo.

Looks like WINK is going to have to step up their game in terms of their studio. But yeah, that new logo looks too generic.

And speaking of WINK they use Look F, but yet I saw this on WBBH's website.

live_radar.jpg

132e0a417734af5c447c3eb96c8b64f6.jpg

Looks like they're using Look F or at least a knockoff of it as well. So both the NBC and CBS stations in Ft. Myers are using similar looking packages. WTF?

http://www.nbc-2.com/video

That isn't a knock off. That IS Look F.

Devlin Design Group... You've done it again, Salute!

Devlin or Park Place Studio?

How can two stations in the same market use the same base look? Something seems peculiar...

More like awkward considering WBBH uses the original Look F (with a few tweaks done to it) while WINK uses a heavily-modified derivative of the same package.

They probably would've been better off using Look G or KXAS' current look instead.

WINK uses Look F too, not a knock off!

8pEBcpN.jpg

It's a very well done knock-off.

How can two stations in the same market use the same base look? Something seems peculiar...

I can think of several reasons, none of them really good. Anyone who signed off on this made a mistake, I don't care how much better the real Look F looks. You're diluting your own brand by adopting a look that is virtually identical to your competition.

I'm in the Ft. Myers-Naples market on vacation and watching WINK right now and noticing how dated their studio now looks since WBBH got their brand new shiny studio. Hopefully WINK has something planned.

As far as the graphics, I remember when they first came out that we commented on whether or not they were Look F or a really good knockoff of it. We also commented on how odd it was for a CBS affiliate to have them. They got this package weeks before the new CBS O&O package came out which I think would've been a good fit for WINK if WBBH had already gone with Look F.

I do have some crude cellphone captures of the opens for WBBH as well as WFTX. I'll try to get some for WINK as well and post them when I get a chance.

Archived