Fox and Friends... Just... Fox and Friends

Jess

I'm going to present to you the video that aired the other day.

[yt]nq8QXT_bsi8[/yt]

Here's the non-apology:

[yt]ZaywaZP-hNE[/yt]

I'm sorry.

IF FOX AND FRIENDS CONTINUES TO AIR ON FOX NEWS CHANNEL, FOX NEWS CHANNEL HAS NO CREDIBILITY.

I hate to go all capital letters, but violence against women and rape culture is something I'm beginning to study and something I abhor greatly. There was no excuse for the first set of comments. None. They are as shameful and despicable as what Ray Rice did, and I would consider them a fireable offense.

Their stupidity just does me in every single time. Cannot understand people's appeal in watching these airheads.

To me, the fact that it's on Fox News automatically makes it #1. And that makes the producers and hosts do whatever they want and the ratings don't change, plus the regular viewers are old-fashioned Conservatives, so they will agree with what comes out of these dummies' mouths.

They've done dumb shit before, but THIS was the line in the sand.

When Elisabeth Hasselbeck is your least doofus-y host, you know you have a problem. They could replace Kilmeade with Bobby Moynihan as Kilmeade, and they'd be in better shape.

Oh, and at its core, this has very little to do with race or politics. Stupid comes in all shapes and sizes.

There is a reason why SNL spoofs F&F. It's because the show is predictably tacky, cheezy, and its always been hosted by Doocy, a blond chick and airhead guy. This is a morning show for the land of nowhere, like the midwest and southern areas who never watch the networks because its too liberal for them (in my case its an entertainment show.)

What pisses me off about FNC (and I get blasted in my circles because I come off as a liberal, which I AM not) but since 2009 FNC's creditability went down when the ratings went up. The problem since then is more and more programming is hosted by joeshomes (no offense) and the problem is when you get the janitor acting like a newsman or going on the soapbox but you get dummies like my own grandmother (no offense to her - she's the "farmer girl" type) believing EVERY GODDAMN THING THEY SAY, then you got the problem. Then she gets depressed because all the on air talent is whining and crying and dreading about Obamacare, etc, etc, etc. Not saying there is real problems of this country, but dreading and MANIPULATING the viewers is a really tacky thing that makes me really disrespect FNC.

Not to sound tacky myself, maybe if Goodell gets fired, someone needs to bring home the money. Maybe his wife could go back to FNC. I'm talking about Jane Skinner, the last decent journalist that left FNC.

It's hilarious seeing you guys get so pissed and worked up over this and act as if THIS will FINALLY be the thing that drives people away from Fox News, when it won't be. I don't like FNC either, hell, I don't like any of them, and as much as I hate seeing their ratings do nothing but go up and up and up, that's exactly what they'll keep doing until either CNN and MSNBC get their act together and do something radically different that's what the majority of Americans truly want, or Fox News does something even more despicable. And I mean despicable.

They're #1, they've #1 and they know that no one will come close to threatening them at #1, so why should they change anything? Why should they do anything different? They'll only care once they're battling it out for #1 and to stay relevant, much like NBC News is today.

At this point, Fox has a lead on viewership by blind loyalty and a rusted TV dial.** So it wouldn't matter if Steve Doocy pulled an Ozzy Osbourne and ate a live bird's head... people would still tune in.

**Considering that Fox's target audience is in the 55-dead demo, that may not be that far from the truth.

What will Fox News do when all their viewers die, MSNBC, CNN, and Network news viewers aren't much younger either? Old people generally tune to into a channel to have their opinions reinforced that won't be changing and neither will their buying habits, they'll be drinking coke or pepsi until they die

What will Fox News do when all their viewers die, MSNBC, CNN, and Network news viewers aren't much younger either? Old people generally tune to into a channel to have their opinions reinforced that won't be changing and neither will their buying habits, they'll be drinking coke or pepsi until they die

Take a look at the newspaper industry over the past 50 years. There's your answer.

I;ve always considered Fox and MSNBC to be news/talk networks. Kind of like news/talk on the radio dial, news hours mixed in with right-wing political talk shows. I am perfectly fine with them having a conservative slant; I'm less okay with the claims of "fair and balanced". And when they have to cover news, they usually do a pretty good job. MSNBC more than Fox, since they can bring in NBC guys.

Not to say that both networks don't have repugnant shows. Fox and Friends is the biggest one, but we've had Glenn Beck in the past, Hannity, Olbermann (though I can actually take his sports version of Countdown), and Al Sharpton, which is particularly galling because of the considerable conflict of interest issues.

I will say, though, that I prefer the direction Zucker is taking CNN in. Sure, they have many moments of stupidity, but working in the documentary/reality stuff at least sets them apart.

I;ve always considered Fox and MSNBC to be news/talk networks. Kind of like news/talk on the radio dial, news hours mixed in with right-wing political talk shows. I am perfectly fine with them having a conservative slant; I'm less okay with the claims of "fair and balanced". And when they have to cover news, they usually do a pretty good job. MSNBC more than Fox, since they can bring in NBC guys.

Not to say that both networks don't have repugnant shows. Fox and Friends is the biggest one, but we've had Glenn Beck in the past, Hannity, Olbermann (though I can actually take his sports version of Countdown), and Al Sharpton, which is particularly galling because of the considerable conflict of interest issues.

I will say, though, that I prefer the direction Zucker is taking CNN in. Sure, they have many moments of stupidity, but working in the documentary/reality stuff at least sets them apart.

I like Al Sharpton and what he stands for but I agree there is considerable conflict of interest. One example was msnbc letting him continue to run his show while he was working with the Michael Brown family and was one of the speakers at his funeral. But a few years ago Keith Olbermann and Joe Scarborough were suspended for about four days because they donated money to congressional candidates. It just did not make sense to me.

As for CNN Zucker is following in the footsteps of Al Jazeera and Current TV by programming documentaries during prime time.

I am not a big fan of MSDNC because a lot of their "issues" only impacts like 10% of the entire country's political base.

The best years for them was the first couple with a poor attempt to being a tech channel plus traditional news.

I don't like the documentaries and entertainment shows on CNN. It is not news or information. Its cutting jobs of the rank and file who bust their ass off getting news when it happens as it happens in lieu of the hipsters taking their sweet ole time creating excessive eye candy (i.e. camera shots) and focus on the style of the story and not the substance. If I want to see a doc, I'll go to my local hipster theater and watch it there.

The business news really drives me nuts as FBN ditched 4 hours of a newswheel format and now is talking politics during the morning and they got cold/robotic Dedre Bolton who focuses on the cool people, hipster companies (an oxymoron if you asked me) and I was done with CNBC like in 2011 when I was tired seeing After Effects thrown in my face and Bloomberg is so consumer now its my entertainment watching a bunch of bozos or air heads yepping all day long.

Where's the beef, lol!

I like Al Sharpton and what he stands for but I agree there is considerable conflict of interest. One example was msnbc letting him continue to run his show while he was working with the Michael Brown family and was one of the speakers at his funeral. But a few years ago Keith Olbermann and Joe Scarborough were suspended for about four days because they donated money to congressional candidates. It just did not make sense to me.

As for CNN Zucker is following in the footsteps of Al Jazeera and Current TV by programming documentaries during prime time.

The thing is that Joe Scarborough and Keith Olbermann are/were seen more as journalists than Sharpton ever was or will be. To me, the problem with Al Sharpton is that he makes the issues he gets involved with, all about him.

Archived