The 69 News/WFMZ Thread

Mrknowitall526

8 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I can cofirm this after watching today's broadcast on WFMZ's on-demand stream via SBTV. Looks all traditional which makes me question why they couldn't just use LIVE at Sunrise for the 9AM hour if they use the same name at 5, 6, 7 and 8AM. Its not like the 9AM is different from the other hours, at least from what I saw.

I noticed this this week also, although I haven't gotten a chance to see it.  I'm not really sure why the Lehigh Valley needs 5 hours of morning news coverage... or should I say, the same 15 minutes of news repeated for 5 hours.  I'm guessing they had to fill a gap left by whatever used to air at that time - not sure what it was or why it's gone.

9 minutes ago, Mrknowitall526 said:

I noticed this this week also, although I haven't gotten a chance to see it.  I'm not really sure why the Lehigh Valley needs 5 hours of morning news coverage... or should I say, the same 15 minutes of news repeated for 5 hours.

Philadelphia as a market is very geOgraphicaLly dIverse and vasT--not partIcularly easy to get to the Coverage area they serve--so you have to consider thAt they're in a Location two hours out from the big city as well as the state cApitol to the west, and serving an auDience that may be commuting to and fro each Spot throughout the morning.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, TSSZNews said:

Philadelphia as a market is very geOgraphicaLly dIverse and vasT--not partIcularly easy to get to the Coverage area they serve--so you have to consider thAt they're in a Location two hours out from the big city as well as the state cApitol to the west, and serving an auDience that may be commuting to and fro each Spot throughout the morning.

I see what you did there... 😉

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

WFMZ reporter Ali Reid has Coronavirus.  She was interviewed via video chat on the morning news.  Part of the interview shows her getting tested at a drive-up testing site.

https://www.wfmz.com/health/coronavirus/wfmzs-ali-reid-details-coronavirus-experience/article_84063c40-74e8-11ea-b687-8f939b803ad4.html

Edited by SF1964

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/9/2018 at 5:42 PM, SF1964 said:

Meteorologist Christina Anthony has joined the WFMZ weather team.

[MEDIA=twitter]1026581485963358208[/MEDIA]

Christina Anthony's last day at WFMZ was today, 8/1.  She's moving to Michigan.

• 2 months later...

Meteorologist Mark Shanaberger's last day at WFMZ was today, 10/19.  He announced it last week and they showed old photos and clips during the 4PM show.   He's going to work at a weather agency in Allentown.   He's been with the station since 2006.  Twitter announcement below with link to Facebook video.

https://twitter.com/MarkShanaberger/status/1316485183395291137

Edited by SF1964

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, chance said:

Does anyone know if Clayton Stiver is still at WFMZ? It seems like Drew Anderson has been filling in for him on every weekend evening newscast for a while. 

According to his Facebook and Twitter page, he's still there and so is his bio. His last posting was on Christmas.

https://www.facebook.com/69WFMZ/videos/222287446007474/

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 10:27 PM, chance said:

Does anyone know if Clayton Stiver is still at WFMZ? It seems like Drew Anderson has been filling in for him on every weekend evening newscast for a while. 

A few weeks ago Dan was doing noon-6 PM and Clayton was doing 10 & 10:30 PM.

Kathy Craine posted on Facebook she is currently working from home and Dan has been filling in for her - guess they didn't feel like trying to have her do the forecast from home?

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, chance said:

Apparently, Drew Anderson is leaving already. I assume it was announced on the morning show today, but I didn’t see it. Someone commented on his most recent Tweet saying it - can anybody confirm? 

That's a shame.  Drew Anderson is TOP NOTCH TALENT.  I loved when he was on WGAL and FOX43 ... he knows his stuff.  Hopefully he returns to the SusquValley soon.

-- Matt

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 11:06 AM, chance said:

Apparently, Drew Anderson is leaving already. I assume it was announced on the morning show today, but I didn’t see it. Someone commented on his most recent Tweet saying it - can anybody confirm? 

Here it is: 

He's posted a few more times, but no response to Vincent.

On 3/6/2021 at 5:46 PM, susquvalleywgal said:

That's a shame.  Drew Anderson is TOP NOTCH TALENT.  I loved when he was on WGAL and FOX43 ... he knows his stuff.  Hopefully he returns to the SusquValley soon.

-- Matt

Drew did a lengthy Facebook Live at 9pm tonight explaining the changes - Kellie McGlynn will be full-time.  He will be available for fill-in and may be working on other weather/science projects.  He goes on and on from there.  But he did share the return of Kathy Craine later this week to the News at Noon.  On-air schedule changes are being made to keep only one person in the weather center at a time for their safety.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...