The 69 News/WFMZ Thread

Mrknowitall526

Message posted on the WFMZ Facebook page says they are working on a new set with the "latest technology" to celebrate the 40th anniversary!

So around Thanksgiving they'll reveal the new set? Thank Christ! It's been too long.

Also on sweeps month too? Perfect timing.

Wait. Wasn't their 40th anniversary last year?

• Like 4

So around Thanksgiving they'll reveal the new set? Thank Christ! It's been too long.

Also on sweeps month too? Perfect timing.

Wait. Wasn't their 40th anniversary last year?

Yes, it was ... not sure why they said that. But the video said "in the coming weeks"

• Like 1

They announced at 10 on Sunday that Jacqueline Thomas is leaving the station, they didn't say where she was going.

Bo Koltnow mentioned this morning that meteorologist Lauren Due is leaving WFMZ next week and moving to Texas. Dan Skeldon will be taking over weather duties on weekend mornings.

Maybe Jacqueline & Lauren couldn't deal with the set changes. o_O

Bo Koltnow mentioned this morning that meteorologist Lauren Due is leaving WFMZ next week and moving to Texas. Dan Skeldon will be taking over weather duties on weekend mornings.

Maybe Jacqueline & Lauren couldn't deal with the set changes. o_O

Oh no, I like her! She recently got married, though I thought she was from around here so she must be going to another station.

I wonder who will do weekend nights? Dan Skeldon has done those a few times. I like him, he's very passionate.

• Like 2

iHeartMedia Country “KJ 97” 97.3 KAJA San Antonio and Classic Country “92.5/93.3 The Bull” KRPT Devine/K227BH San Antonio TX has appointed Kyle Due as Program Director.

Kyle Due comes to San Antonio from Allentown PA where he programmed Rock 95.1 WZZO and CHR “B104” 104.1 WAEB-FM. He also hosted afternoons at WAEB-FM as ‘Kyle Anthony’. Due has also worked for iHeartMedia in Charlotte, Chattanooga, Greensboro, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Winchester VA using the on-air name ‘JoJo’. He fills the San Antonio opening created by Travis Moon’s exit in May as Director of Country programming for Austin and San Antonio.

Huh. I didn't think WFMZ's set was all that dated. All they really needed to do was update the RPs in the back. I hope the new set is more than just another monitor wall.

My guess is the graphics get updated in September too.

• 2 weeks later...

New meteorologist Clayton Stiver tweeted some pictures of the old set being taken down.

[MEDIA=twitter]900835801663188993[/MEDIA]

Also, former WFMZ meteorologist Lauren Due tweeted a San Antonio Hurricane Harvey weather update and also mentioned she was going to check in on the WFMZ 5PM news today. Former WFMZ reporter Rosa Duarte, who now lives in Houston, also checked in.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/wfmz-talks-with-former-reporters-in-hurricane-harveys-path/612457270

In Philly, PMCM TV is selling its Philly VHF station, KJWP to Maranatha Broadcasting (owners of Allentown station WFMZ). Since it appears that these two parties could be participating in the auctions later this spring, the purchase price was not disclosed because of "sensitive bidding information".

After nearly twenty months, the KJWP sale to the owners of WFMZ was closed on Thursday (8/31).

• 2 weeks later...
Chandi is anchoring tonight with Will Lewis. Interesting that they decide to make a change now, when she has been doing a great job going solo for a long time.

Saw them together tonight, as well. They work well together. I am wondering if it is just another part of getting ready for the makeover of the main studio. Also, note they moved the weekend shows to PPL as well instead of the mini-set they had been using. Additionally, with 6abc's expansion of weekend news programming they may also be trying to compete stronger with a full news team on the weekends.

Saw them together tonight, as well. They work well together. I am wondering if it is just another part of getting ready for the makeover of the main studio. Also, note they moved the weekend shows to PPL as well instead of the mini-set they had been using. Additionally, with 6abc's expansion of weekend news programming they may also be trying to compete stronger with a full news team on the weekends.

I didn't think they were together at 10, but I only watched briefly. But I did notice they moved to the PPL Center. Not sure why they had ever not done the weekend evening shows there ... especially since the Saturday morning show has been done there.

I wonder how much longer we have to wait for the new set. Seems like it's been a while.

• Like 1

21731851_10159268556965557_8785181384550325146_o.thumb.jpg.dc0752278422ec79b776b4058009bd3d.jpg

WFMZ posted this image to facebook on Friday - looks like it might be a while.

New Studio Construction 2017 | 69News WFMZ-TV

Our old studio set is being dismantled to make room for the new one.

Each day the new set becomes closer to completion.

We can't wait to show it to you!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/69WFMZ/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10159173174150557[url=https://www.facebook.com/pg/69WFMZ/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10159173174150557][/url]

• Like 1

So much for that. Another of the good ones leaves us again. The hopes of a Will/Chandi anchor team were not meant to be. At least she gets to go home and start a family - guess we can't complain too much. BEST WISHES Chandi!!! We will miss you.

[MEDIA=twitter]912103814487998464[/MEDIA]

• 2 weeks later...

Napoli Management announced the following:

Amanda VanAllen moves to WEWS in Cleveland as a reporter. She leaves WFMZ in Allentown.

Catherine Hawley makes the jump to market 11 as a general assignment reporter for WTVT in Tampa. Previously, she was a general assignment reporter at WMAR in Baltimore.

Meanwhile, a final farewell message from another great WFMZ alum - Chandi Lowry posted the following:

Thanks for the kind words about my future in Pittsburgh! Keep in touch! Look for me on social media as Chandi Chapman very soon. @69News

Great to see our WFMZ team succeed!!

As always, hate to see them leave us.

• Like 1