NBC Nightly News

tvnewsjunkie

On 11/29/2020 at 1:28 AM, GodfreyGR said:

Average viewer isn't going to care or probably even realize, but the reflection of the OTS screen on the viewer's left is perpetually stuck on an inverted "NIGHTLY" logo instead of reflecting what the OTS has on it. Makes sense for the shots where the NN logo is what's on the OTS... Design flaw? (Look at 1:14 to see what I mean)

This has to be a placeholder--such a step down from the CGI flyover of the statue to 30 Rock.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

Former Nightly News and Today anchor and current NBC News special correspondent Tom Brokaw announced that he will retire from the network after 55 years.

55 years going from a local anchor in Los Angeles to the White House, Today, NBC Nightly News and even his post-NN roles as substitute host on Meet the Press when Tim Russert passed away to his current special correspondent (effectively an emeritus position); Tom's left some massive marks in the history of television news. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

Former Nightly News and Today anchor and current NBC News special correspondent Tom Brokaw announced that he will retire from the network after 55 years.

Even though he's been part-time since retiring from the NN chair, it's still the end of an era none the less. Maybe he will have a big social media presence like Dan Rather has.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, WAVY 10 Fan said:

55 years going from a local anchor in Los Angeles to the White House, Today, NBC Nightly News and even his post-NN roles as substitute host on Meet the Press when Tim Russert passed away to his current special correspondent (effectively an emeritus position); Tom's left some massive marks in the history of television news. 

Mr. Brokaw started at KTIV, the NBC station in Sioux City while attending the University of South Dakota, thus Tom has spent he entire career at NBC.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

What is up with the Audio tonight on Nightly News?   It's has been very low and hard to hear.  Then going to commercial at around the :15 min mark, you could hear Lester asking about the bad audio. 

It's bad tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Tom Llmas is anchoring Nightly News tonight for the second night in a row. He has become the primary fill-in on Today and is having a growing presence on Nightly. His new NBC News Now primetime show is expected to launch this fall, so this wide-ranging presence on the linear channel is great marketing for that. 

As a side note, the patriotic color elements (mainly on the floor) in the Nightly News studio have been removed. The wood elements remain silver and gray. 

On 8/31/2021 at 6:40 PM, freelanceproducer said:

Tom Llmas is anchoring Nightly News tonight for the second night in a row. He has become the primary fill-in on Today and is having a growing presence on Nightly. His new NBC News Now primetime show is expected to launch this fall, so this wide-ranging presence on the linear channel is great marketing for that. 

As a side note, the patriotic color elements (mainly on the floor) in the Nightly News studio have been removed. The wood elements remain silver and gray. 

He’s a pretty decent substitute anchor. It feels like he’s being groomed for any future vacancies either at Today or Nightly News. Always good to have decent talent in the reserves, similar to Whit Johnson on ABC.

Edited by iron_lion

🚨 BREAKING: Nightly News is moving into studio 1A along with the Today Show - starting tonight. 

Several sources have confirmed the news, including a NN producer on Twitter.  

https://twitter.com/jasoncalabretta/status/1437536515383611393?s=21

Edited by freelanceproducer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, freelanceproducer said:

🚨 BREAKING: Nightly News is moving into studio 1A along with the Today Show - starting tonight. 

Why this is a weird idea, maybe it could help viewership having people outside.

13 minutes ago, freelanceproducer said:

The 6 pm tease on WNBC was in front of the curved wall.  He has also been mostly standing for months, just like News4NY.  The question is whether this is permanent or is 3C being renovated again.

25 minutes ago, freelanceproducer said:

🚨 BREAKING: Nightly News is moving into studio 1A along with  Today - starting tonight. 

That's shocking, considering it hasn't been on its current set at 3C for very long (going on over 4 years since July 2017). I too would think this is temporary as work is still being done with 3A at this point (and possibly 3C), but not 100% sure. I will say NN always looked great from 1A during the past few election years looks great tonight with the updates to it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

I don’t like the consolidation of studios in such a vast footprint as Rockefeller Center but NN utilizes Studio 1A rather well. Even better than Today.

Looks decent, and they do use the studio better than Today. I hope it doesn’t become like Studio 57 on CBS, used for everything.

• Like 2

Looks good - the prominent Today logo element tells me that this is probably temporary though. I can’t image they would have redesigned the Today studio last week with that if it was to be a general NBC News set. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, freelanceproducer said:

NBC News confirmed to NewscastStudio that the show has “permanently” moved to Studio 1A. 

Thank you! 

I watched the supercut on NewscastStudio, and the thing I couldn't help but notice is that the camera is constantly moving during those in-studio shots. I know they want the broadcast to be dynamic, but sometimes it's a bit much!

Edited by KRAP-TV
  • Like 2