NBC Nightly News

tvnewsjunkie

It would be an asinine move to ditch Lester just because NBC is #2. They’re still winning where it counts.

The thought of replacing talent to cure these shows problems is also stupid because to me the shows don’t give a compelling reason to tune in anymore.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
If NBC were to replace Letster any thoughts on who they would replace him with?

It would be an asinine move to ditch Lester just because NBC is #2. They’re still winning where it counts.

The thought of replacing talent to cure these shows problems is also stupid because to me the shows don’t give a compelling reason to tune in anymore.

CBS replacing Scott Pelley with Jeff Glor is a prime example as to why replacing Holt would be a bad move. Outside of bringing back Williams, there really isn't anyone that would be a compelling draw.

I does not matter who replaces Lester because the problem is the product sucks.

Fix the process, and the execution of the actual newscast and it's contents.

Stop producing crap aimed at 6th graders.

Lester is the most stable force at NBC right now. Lester is respected not just for his work ethic but because he is not fool of himself and he is very professional. A majority of viewers in this country don't like a lot of news talent but Lester is still respected by a lot of people which is saying a lot. To me I think Lester would benefit on a versatile platform. I think evening news is very limiting and in my opinion what is killing evening news is commericals and watered down content.

PBS Evening News is way superior news product and with no commericals they can inform the audience more in 30 minutes then commerical evening news.

Cause news right now is not dependent on talent anymore. Mainstream news is in the gutter, and just a repeat of same old stories which insults your intelligence. Unless you are a partisan commentator, people don't care about news anchors anymore. Nobody cares about larger then life news anchors or hosts anymore.

Lester is not the problem. To me he is only doing what he is told. An insider told me that after Brian Williams scandal, Andrew Lack is putting a tight leash on the evening news.

NBC News is a bad news organzation and ran by immature management people. They seriously do need to overhaul the evening news content, same old news and people you see on MSNBC with their bias and they are on "netural" evening news is bad optics. I see Hallie Jackson with her Trump bashing on MSNBC and she shows up on evening news trying to act like a netural reporter. It is an insult and really a joke.

The content is poor and the same old consumer stories of coffee being bad for you. How many times can you insult your viewers.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 4

PBS Evening News is way superior news product and with no commericals they can inform the audience more in 30 minutes then commerical evening news.

When did PBS NewsHour get cut down to a 30-minute program?

Lester is not the problem. To me he is only doing what he is told. An insider told me that after Brian Williams scandal, Andrew Lack is putting a tight leash on the evening news.

The buck definitely stops with Andy Lack and how he has handled the scandals at NBC News. It may be time for him to go before long.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to Lester Holt for being the most trusted news anchor in America.

I think most viewers already knew he was trustworthy but in the age of ideological hyperpolitics, cat fighting, verbal fights and disillusionment. Lester Holt showed who he is, he is the only anchor who kept his dignity in tact and never resorted to losing who he is as a journalist.

I have been saying on this forum for the last year, that Lester is by far NBC's greatest stability force and gem. He is more valuable then most of the hosts on the network. Majority of viewers know this.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/who-are-americas-trusted-tv-news-anchors-poll-1160597

• Like 4

Congrats to Lester Holt for being the most trusted news anchor in America.

I think most viewers already knew he was trustworthy but in the age of ideological hyperpolitics, cat fighting, verbal fights and disillusionment. Lester Holt showed who he is, he is the only anchor who kept his dignity in tact and never resorted to losing who he is as a journalist.

I have been saying on this forum for the last year, that Lester is by far NBC's greatest stability force and gem. He is more valuable then most of the hosts on the network. Majority of viewers know this.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/who-are-americas-trusted-tv-news-anchors-poll-1160597

That was pathetic. Lester is NOT amazing. Both the viewers need to stop tuning in NBC, and think from Comcast why his ratings are low each year. No more Lester.

• Like 2

That was pathetic. Lester is NOT amazing. Both the viewers need to stop tuning in NBC, and think from Comcast why his ratings are low each year. No more Lester.

Not to be offensive,

but...do you watch anything else?

Do you do anything else?

And...do you like that?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

No support to compete against David and Jeff in a tightest race we've seen.

What kind of support? A newsroom staff? Lots of reporters and correspondents to talk to every night? A big budget? A good chair? Moral support?

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 6:31 PM, TennTV1983 said:

When did PBS NewsHour get cut down to a 30-minute program?

The buck definitely stops with Andy Lack and how he has handled the scandals at NBC News. It may be time for him to go before long.

I think he is in the bubble but since they are in the middle of hot political news right now I guess NBC does not think it would be wise to change management right now, 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

New open for Nightly.

Average viewer isn't going to care or probably even realize, but the reflection of the OTS screen on the viewer's left is perpetually stuck on an inverted "NIGHTLY" logo instead of reflecting what the OTS has on it. Makes sense for the shots where the NN logo is what's on the OTS... Design flaw? (Look at 1:14 to see what I mean)

• Like 1