NBC Nightly News

tvnewsjunkie

On a separate but related note I can see Lester being a witness for Mueller and if that's the case he might have to recuse himself from some or perhaps even all of NBC's special coverage regarding the Mueller investigation at some point.

That might happen, we will see if we get to that point.

• Like 4

Why are you so triggered? Do you work at NBC?

I can say whatever criticism I want as long as I am not hurting anybody.

I don’t work in tv news at all. All you do is criticize NBC and that’s your right, but it just seems a little suspect. I see you went on a bit of a commenting spree there yesterday to disprove that by commenting in non-NBC threads. Seems like you’re the one that’s triggered.

Exactly. If Lester is a witness in a trial that's on virtually every network that's around I can't imagine he'd be able to anchor NN while a part of the story. If that happened he can be off NN for several months or perhaps even longer. He would probably still do Dateline shows that were of a different subject matter tho it would be unprecedented for a Network Anchorperson to be off a newscast for an extended period of time due to being part of a major news story tho it would be necessary especially with all the cries of fake news out there today.

That might happen, we will see if we get to that point.
  • Like 2

On a separate but related note I can see Lester being a witness for Mueller and if that's the case he might have to recuse himself from some or perhaps even all of NBC's special coverage regarding the Mueller investigation at some point.

Have I missed something? How is Lester Holt connected to Mueller's investigation?

I don’t work in tv news at all. All you do is criticize NBC and that’s your right, but it just seems a little suspect. I see you went on a bit of a commenting spree there yesterday to disprove that by commenting in non-NBC threads. Seems like you’re the one that’s triggered.

I did not know you followed, observed or cared what I said so much or what places I go. I am not talking about you, so you should not take it personally.

• Like 1

I did not know you followed, observed or cared what I said so much or what places I go. I am not talking about you, so you should not take it personally.

I do not follow you. However, I’m observant, your posts stand out, and I have taken notice of your pattern. I’m not taking it personally, it just seems that you have a vendetta against NBC properties, namely Today and NN. And it seems like you repeat the same stuff over and over. I have not bothered looking at your post history, but the only time I have seen you comment elsewhere is after I called you out.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
I do not follow you. However, I’m observant, your posts stand out, and I have taken notice of your pattern. I’m not taking it personally, it just seems that you have a vendetta against NBC properties, namely Today and NN. And it seems like you repeat the same stuff over and over. I have not bothered looking at your post history, but the only time I have seen you comment elsewhere is after I called you out.

This is the reason why NBC is a disorganized mismanaged network.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/nbc-news-faces-skepticism-in-remedying-in-house-sexual-harassment/2018/04/26/7fa8a666-4979-11e8-8b5a-3b1697adcc2a_story.html?utm_term=.95737c4bc6e0

Lester Holt is off tonight. I will presume unless and until I hear otherwise that he's only off because he's scheduled to be off if you know what I mean.

I gave Lester the night off.

He needs a hug.

If you know what I mean.

• Like 2

Lester Holt is off tonight. I will presume unless and until I hear otherwise that he's only off because he's scheduled to be off if you know what I mean.

It’s the night before the WHCD. He could be traveling to DC.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Lester Holt seems to be the only living anchor or former anchor of Nightly News with any decency expect for maybe Roger Mudd.

I heard a lot of good things about Lester Holt, he seems like a down to earth decent guy that is not caught up in the ego like other people in his profession. That since of down to earth demeanor will take him far and make him greater in his career. He is the only anchor on tv that has the human touch. what I always like about him is his straight shoot style of reporting.

His way of speaking and presenting the news is so pinpointed. He speaks to his viewers he does not talk down to them. I am a long time news junkie and Lester Holt is by far the greatest news anchor of this era. Everyone else is caught up in wanting to sound fancy, smart and "educated" and they wonder why mainstream media approval is at an all time low. Stop the self grandeur and just present people with information.

• 2 weeks later...
Lester Holt has been a favorite of mine since Weekend Today when he anchored with Campbell Brown. That was a good while ago and Lester still has the same charm and charismatic personality that made him a hit back then.

Weekend Today and Today show has not been the same since he got promoted.He made morning television watchable and less self centered. You could tell his female co-anchors loved being around him. Weekend Today had their best renaissance when Lester was the host.

In some ways I feel that NBC does not deserve him. I love seeing Lester on both evening and morning news also he did cable news. That triple threat ability to do any form of hosting and news, is so rare.

Lester was far ahead of everybody on the Today show however, politics and politics. There is a reason why all the good anchors like Campbell, Soledad O' Brien etc all left NBC. However, NBC management must've fought very hard to keep Lester from leaving they knew they had a gem.

• Like 2

Weekend Today and Today show has not been the same since he got promoted.He made morning television watchable and less self centered. You could tell his female co-anchors loved being around him. Weekend Today had their best renaissance when Lester was the host.

In some ways I feel that NBC does not deserve him. I love seeing Lester on both evening and morning news also he did cable news. That triple threat ability to do any form of hosting and news, is so rare.

Lester was far ahead of everybody on the Today show however, politics and politics. There is a reason why all the good anchors like Campbell, Soledad O' Brien etc all left NBC. However, NBC management must've fought very hard to keep Lester from leaving they knew they had a gem.

Nightly News has tanked down so bad since he took over to weeknights. Could this be the end for Lester? Or the viewers trusting him amid steady ratings?

Nightly News has tanked down so bad since he took over to weeknights. Could this be the end for Lester? Or the viewers trusting him amid steady ratings?

I think the ratings business is outdated cause not everyone is watching traditional television as much. People look at programming through their computers.

I don't know how important ratings is when it comes to evening news but his newscast is still doing very well. He is winning the younger demographic according to Neilsen numbers. However not everything is Neilsen, people also DVR his newscast and also he is streaming on mobile devices.

So, I think the ratings notion is outdated and just another form of bragging rights.

Also I think the evening news format will have to evolve in the future, it is kind of outdated knowing the time we are living in with constant disruption.

• Like 1

No.. NBC Nightly News was on a downward climb when Brian Williams was at the helm, ABC was becoming more competitive. Lester isn't going to be a scapegoat for an overall industry trend. Less and less people each year are tuning into the network evening newscasts. I myself haven't watched consistently like I used to in for the last 5 or so years. My parents and grandparents turn it off right after the local news wraps. 10-15 years ago the TV was tuned to KTRK Eyewitness News from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. then again at 10 p.m. for the late news, people just don't do that anymore.

• Like 7

No.. NBC Nightly News was on a downward climb when Brian Williams was at the helm, ABC was becoming more competitive. Lester isn't going to be a scapegoat for an overall industry trend. Less and less people each year are tuning into the network's evening newscast. I myself haven't watched consistently like I used to in for the last 5 or so years. My parents and grandparents turn it off right after the local news wraps. 10-15 years ago the TV was tuned to KTRK Eyewitness News from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. then again at 10 p.m. for the late news, people just don't do that anymore.

That is so true with Brian Williams.

I think Lester is doing NBC a favor cause if he were to step down or go to another network, then we will definitely see a down trend. Also evening news is to predictable and we are living in a disruptive age where news can happen while you are watching your evening newscast. I think sooner or later then evening news will have to evolve.

No.. NBC Nightly News was on a downward climb when Brian Williams was at the helm, ABC was becoming more competitive. Lester isn't going to be a scapegoat for an overall industry trend. Less and less people each year are tuning into the network's evening newscast. I myself haven't watched consistently like I used to in for the last 5 or so years. My parents and grandparents turn it off right after the local news wraps. 10-15 years ago the TV was tuned to KTRK Eyewitness News from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. then again at 10 p.m. for the late news, people just don't do that anymore.

Couldn't agree more. I watch maybe 10 to 15 minutes of local news (at 5P, 9P & 10P) and that's it. I just don't have time to watch more than that nowadays. Anything else, I'll just catch up on it on-line. God forbid the apocalypse would occur. I'll be up s*** creek.

• Like 1