NBC Nightly News

tvnewsjunkie

So I saw Lester was back in New York this Sunday but the Olympics for still going on? Is this because of all the breaking news?

It wouldn't totally shock me - between the boiling point that seems to be happening over gun violence in the wake of Florida and things appearing to accelerate with Mueller's investigation, it's probably not the worst idea.

Savannah did NN tonight from the Winter Games. Interesting, was Lester sick?

He probably needed a lot of rest, he has been working non stop since he went to North Korea. They should have Kate Snow be Lester's back up fill in on the weekdays.

They do, I wonder if the news events that happened caused him to come home early. Lester is the type of guy that will be the first to be there and the last to leave.

I wonder if Lester is planning for a newscast from Florida.

• Like 1

I wonder if Lester is planning for a newscast from Florida.

Yeah I was surprised to see Lester in the NN studio earlier this week. Did he come back specifically for the mass shooting news out of Florida?

Lester got some criticism from media critics that he stayed in Korea while the news was breaking. I highly doubt the criticsm brought him home early, maybe something is going with a family member. Lester is the type of guy that will be there first and leave last. For him to go home early is unusual.

• Like 1

Lester got some criticism from media critics that he stayed in Korea while the news was breaking. I highly doubt the criticsm brought him home early, maybe something is going with a family member. Lester is the type of guy that will be there first and leave last. For him to go home early is unusual.

He said on twitter that “the best way to cure jet lag is by working”. Which explains his appearance on Sunday.

It may be a bit late for them to report from Florida but maybe there’s some exclusive waiting in the wings. His son Stefan has been on the air so maybe it isn’t family.

• Like 2

He said on twitter that “the best way to cure jet lag is by working”. Which explains his appearance on Sunday.

It may be a bit late for them to report from Florida but maybe there’s some exclusive waiting in the wings. His son Stefan has been on the air so maybe it isn’t family.

Maybe we are overthinking, maybe he just needed time off. As an employee, it is the law for workers to have two days off. Lester has not taken time off for the last couple of weeks. I know that television can be a 24/7 business but he probably needed to take some time off.

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw something before the Olympics that listed every place he's anchored from over the last month. Maybe the dude just needs a day off.

Yup, I am not a fan of Savannah filling in though, she has no poise for evening news and is depressing to watch. Kate Snow should fill in, I don't understand the hiearchy cause when Lester was weekend news, he filled in for Brian on weekdays. Kate Snow should have that position.

• Like 3

When I saw Lester do the newscast out in that cold weather in Minnesota, I said how stupid it was for them to put him out there in the cold.He went to South Korea which was bitterly cold, then up have high elevation of being in the mountain and when you add, travel and jet lag it is now a mess. You don't put your top anchor out in no cold air to air a newscast.

This is one of the reasons why I don't like NBC and how they handle their talent. They overwork them, when you work and travel it brings down your immune system and a reason where there needs to be more bureaus to accomodate NBC News reporters. If they can't do that then use O&O affiliates as a source of reporting from fields or breaking news.

• Like 3

When I saw Lester do the newscast out in that cold weather in Minnesota, I said how stupid it was for them to put him out there in the cold.He went to South Korea which was bitterly cold, then up have high elevation of being in the mountain and when you add, travel and jet lag it is now a mess. You don't put your top anchor out in no cold air to air a newscast.

This is one of the reasons why I don't like NBC and how they handle their talent. They overwork them, when you work and travel it brings down your immune system and a reason where there needs to be more bureaus to accomodate NBC News reporters. If they can't do that then use O&O affiliates as a source of reporting from fields or breaking news.

They're also veteran network talent. That job isn't for the feint of heart or the weak. They know they're going to be worked hard and they know they'll be traveling internationally, sometimes with last-minute notice. Could they maybe utilize resources better? Sure, everyone could.

Boo-hoo. If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

It's B.S. to think that everyone's required to have 2 days off each week. Heck, even at the local level, I've seen sports and weather anchors work 10+ days straight.

I know a sports guy who didn't have two consecutive days off for a month. He also worked almost every single day for an entire month. But, management was nice and gave him comp days for all that extra time worked, so he enjoyed a nice 2 week vacation later.

Really? You have to be kidding.

I’m pretty sure the direct deposit from Comcast every two weeks into Lester’s bank account makes up for the fact that he has to stand out in the cold.

It’s not law to have 2 days off it depends on the state city for overtime etc for pay it doesn’t require 2 days off

Every employee is entitled to one day of rest in 7. So, an employer cannot require you to work more than six days out of seven.

But if the nature of the work reasonably requires that the you work seven or more consecutive days, you have to get the equivalent time off in a calendar month to make up for the days you did not get off in the those seven days. So, if you work for 15 days in a row, you have to get two days off in that calendar month in addition to not being required to work consecutively for more than 6 days.

Maybe we are overthinking, maybe he just needed time off. As an employee, it is the law for workers to have two days off. Lester has not taken time off for the last couple of weeks. I know that television can be a 24/7 business but he probably needed to take some time off.

Every employee is entitled to one day of rest in 7. So, an employer cannot require you to work more than six days out of seven.

But if the nature of the work reasonably requires that the you work seven or more consecutive days, you have to get the equivalent time off in a calendar month to make up for the days you did not get off in the those seven days. So, if you work for 15 days in a row, you have to get two days off in that calendar month in addition to not being required to work consecutively for more than 6 days.

So the law in your first post was they can’t work more than 5 days. But the law seems to have changed in the short time to your second post, which now says you can work 6 days. I understand there are labor laws that exists, but this is obviously made up stuff by you. Also, why is it that you only criticize NBC properties, specifically NN and Today?

• Like 1