NBC Nightly News

tvnewsjunkie

• 1 month later...

No story teases today. No intro either. Weird. Lester just started off with "Good evening, this is NBC Nightly News" and went on with the lead in to the first story. I will say, though, that the transition between NBC 5 here in Chicago to Nightly was rough, maybe some 7 seconds of black.

• 4 weeks later...

I mentioned this in the shoutbox the other day. I finally noticed the old Nightly News part of the set being used the other day, for an interview.

BFzYvCR.png

It appears they essentially swapped everything around in the studio when the desk got moved. That little desk is the the one that used to sit in front of the couch area on the Rock Center set.

It looks like they just put in some wood paneling where the monitor wall used to be. You can see a small sliver of it on the left.

• Like 1

It appears they essentially swapped everything around in the studio when the desk got moved. That little desk is the the one that used to sit in front of the couch area on the Rock Center set.

It looks like they just put in some wood paneling where the monitor wall used to be. You can see a small sliver of it on the left.

Here's a better look at that wall: https://instagram.com/p/3J2WK6TQfA/

Love when the newscast is out of other bureaus like LA and DC. Thursday night, Lester was in LA.

I wish Chicago would come up with a decent set so Lester can come back home every once in a while, but that's probably a network decision to splurge like that.

I wish Chicago would come up with a decent set so Lester can come back home every once in a while, but that's probably a network decision to splurge like that.

The only Chicago shots I've seen are flash cams either the control room or some weird shot where the wall is stacked I beams. The web of the I beams have inserts that can be changed showing the NBC News or Noticiero Telemundo logo.

Just a thought since she's behind the desk tonight: Do you guys think NBC would officially have Erica Hill pull double duty on weekends?

Maybe, she was a network weekday morning anchor and a cable primetime news anchor. I don't see why any of the regular subs would be ranked above her (bar Tamron Hall, maybe). She'd make an excellent addition to the Nightly team.

Whilst talking about Weekend Nightly, it does seem that the weekend edition is less produced than the weekday one, maybe that is just because it uses the news nook? I don't know, but it certainly doesn't have the flare that Lester has emphasised in the last few months on the main show.

Everything Erica Hill touches turns into ratings decline. She has a horrible track record, yet still ends up getting jobs. Mind boggling

I really like Erica Hill, but everything she does is a disaster. Her morning show got cancelled and then she got fired from its replacement. Her current job is definitely a demotion.

• 2 weeks later...

Via Facebook, it seems that Thomas Roberts is the first openly gay man to anchor an evening newscast for a major network. Here's an article I pulled from Facebook's trending feature.

http://www.advocate.com/media/2015/07/18/watch-reporting-tonight-thomas-roberts-first-out-gay-man-anchor-network-news

I think Andersen Cooper and Don Lemon at CNN kinda beat him to that milestone by a few years.

I think Andersen Cooper and Don Lemon at CNN kinda beat him to that milestone by a few years.

As far as I know Roberts was out before he left CNN which was several years before Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon.

Via Facebook' date=' it seems that Thomas Roberts is the first[b'] openly [/b]gay man to anchor an evening newscast for a major network. Here's an article I pulled from Facebook's trending feature.

http://www.advocate.com/media/2015/07/18/watch-reporting-tonight-thomas-roberts-first-out-gay-man-anchor-network-news

Emphasis added.