Keith Russel- He's baaaaaaack

PhillyWatch

Per Molly Eichel of the Daily News, he'll be co-anchoring the weekend "Game Day Live", as well as Friday & Saturday evening newscasts at 6 and 10.

Also- Colleen Wolfe is out, off to the NFL Network.

I thought his analogies during sportscasts were borderline insane, so it will be interesting to see how he plays out in the anchor chair.

Oh god dammit.

Excuse me a minute.

GardnerFacepalmBig.jpg

Maybe he'll work better in the Fox 29 environment than he did in the 6ABC environment. I dunno. I'm not saying he's someone I was looking forward to seeing return. I think the only news personality that turned me off more was Sharon Reed.

Hated him, and how he always had to paint a picture of what he was gonna report. 'Imagine it's raining outside and you havn't scored in 3 days, well in the 8th inning the Phillies were on the verge of doing just that, when the big peice...Ryan Howard came upto bat and hit a HR' No doubt he learned this technique from his ESPN days as they all seem to do this.

Oh well guess I won't be watching fox on the weekends.

Since I never get to watch Action News (our NW NJ Comcast system carries 3, 10, and 29 (handy for when my dad watches football, even if it isn't in HD), and not 6), I don't have an opinion; all I know is that he was the weekend sports guys around 2009 (when OTownNews on YT made an excellent resync to the X Package, which has since vanished). But, he does sound like a "mixed metaphor" kinda guy.

Archived