Breaking: Tom Llamas Exiting WNBC

NYNewsCoverage

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuck and Sibila are on the 5PM show today. I'm guessing this is permanent, considering that Sibila didn't say, "Shiba has the evening off." I should also point out that they have recently updated their Fall line-up promo and it shows a picture of Chuck and Sibila with text that says Weekdays at 5PM. This is a shame as I personally like Shiba, but she'll still continue to do the noon show with Rob.

5:08 PM: David was in the studio reporting, possibly another indication that this anchor change is permanent. He would have been at the desk if he got the 5PM job.

UPDATE: They have split the 5PM hour. Chuck and Sibila for the first 30 minutes, David and Shiba for the last 30 minutes.

Chuck and Sibila are on the 5PM show today. I'm guessing this is permanent, considering that Sibila didn't say, "Shiba has the evening off." I should also point out that they have recently updated their Fall line-up promo and it shows a picture of Chuck and Sibila with text that says Weekdays at 5PM. This is a shame as I personally like Shiba, but she'll still continue to do the noon show with Rob.

5:08 PM: David was in the studio reporting, possibly another indication that this anchor change is permanent. He would have been at the desk if he got the 5PM job.

Perhaps Shiba will be doing the 6 pm, and Chuck And Sibila will now do the 5. Which is a shame since, I prefer Shiba doing the 5 instead of the 6.

Perhaps Shiba will be doing the 6 pm, and Chuck And Sibila will now do the 5. Which is a shame since, I prefer Shiba doing the 5 instead of the 6.

Shiba is doing the 5:30 with David right now, so I'm assuming that Chuck and Sibila will continue to do the 6.

Okay this is weird. Shiba just did a preview of the 5:30 half of the 5:00 pm newscast...They just came back from commercial break and Shiba & David are anchoring at 5:30. So it seems like WNBC is following WTVJ's motto of having one set doing the 5 - 5:30 half, and then another set of 5:30 - 6. Sucks in my opinion. Should just have Shiba & David do the entire 5 pm hour.

Better yet, move the noon newscast to 11am (no competition - AHL/Days can air at noon/1pm) and expand it to an hour (can New York Live or move to subchannel). Have Rob and Shiba anchor that, along with the 6pm, while Chuck and Sibila anchor the 5pm and 11pm.

I'm also not digging the split hour. Keep David on weekends.

David Ushery and Shiba doing the 5:30pm. So I guess David will anchor Saturday through Wednesday with Rob picking up Thursday and Friday.

They should just have the same team at Noon and 5:30 or whatever they end up doing.... however this just doesn't seem like a permanent move...I feel like maybe they are looking outside for an anchor for 5pm and maybe they're trying to edge Shiba out and totally revamp the 5pm.

Rob Schmitt and Stacy Bell anchored tonight. Did David anchor all week? Did they swap spots?

Yes David anchored the entire week. Don't think they swapped spots as Rob was on the noon show Monday - Thursday and was off Friday (Michael filled in). So presumably Rob just filled in for David tonight.

Archived