710 WOR Sounder pre-CC days

cbs2newengland

Does anyone know what music WOR used a few years ago for the TOH switch/traffic sounder? I'm betting is from a major publisher, which is why I am asking. They ditched all the old branding when Clear Channel finally raided the station last year (not cool!)

I actually love WOR's early-mid 2013 TOTH music (I think I have it on a hard drive somewhere). The stuff they're using now is meh. I'd love to know who did that. I just don't care for the announcer they're using now, who is mostly used by CC's rock stations.

I actually love WOR's early-mid 2013 TOTH music (I think I have it on a hard drive somewhere). The stuff they're using now is meh. I'd love to know who did that. I just don't care for the announcer they're using now, who is mostly used by CC's rock stations.

I agree. No I'm kidding. It doesn't do much, to me its too high strung (maybe with the transistor radio it dulls it down.) That vo if I am not mistaken is like a Scott Shannon (a alum of Z100) wannabee, a younger one. WOR is now, the Z100 of talk radio. I think their midday news anchor was a Z100 alum. I did like the old sounder, had a fast paced tune to the hard working NYers who listened to that station. I haven't listened to the station since Gambling retired and Bloomberg is no longer the mayor, that was why I mostly listened to it, the local poli topics they kinda don't do much now (thank you Clear Channel!)

Archived