WDIV new set?

Nick from DETROIT

Over the past week WDIV in Detroit has been using a green screen with the current set image as the background. They are using deadshots on the anchors as well giving away the fact they aren't on their usual set.

Yes they are getting a new set.

• 2 weeks later...

WDIV debuted their new set today with a new non-angled version of the 4 to go with it. The Click On Detroit logo is also brand new. It looks like something from MSNBC, the first maybe 5 seconds of the video show a tight shot of it. I'll upload from my tuner after the 11pm hopefully with more looks but in the meantime here's a small taste:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2-people-shot-outside-eastland-center/27758408

The anchor area is kind of... plain. The grey expanses above and below the monitors (?) on either side of the anchors looks rather boring.

Also, it's a partial refresh. The railing on the upper part of the set on the right side of the screen is a dead giveaway. It matches what's seen here.

How many studio cameras do they have? Four are visible on that wide shot, PLUS the one that's being used! Five studio cameras?! In Detroit?! Is that really necessary?

The anchor area is kind of... plain. The grey expanses above and below the monitors (?) on either side of the anchors looks rather boring.

Also, it's a partial refresh. The railing on the upper part of the set on the right side of the screen is a dead giveaway. It matches what's seen here.

How many studio cameras do they have? Four are visible on that wide shot, PLUS the one that's being used! Five studio cameras?! In Detroit?! Is that really necessary?

That matches WXYZ, they actually might have 6. We do lots of pan shots and fancy stuff like that, this market isn't as small as the 11 suggests either, it's about the same size as when it was #5 and the viewers still expect them to try to act like it.

Oh god, that is the worst looking logo I've ever seen today. This, ladies and gentlemen is low quality PowerPoint logos at it's finest. Can you spot the difference?

7b69dc71a1fda9d83165e5341b88648b.png

The real one is on the right, but nice job anyways.

Cool, the real one is actually on the left. That sums up that WDIV's new logo can be "professionally designed" on a PowerPoint level. That's funny.

248a87845ad616c37fa4f66f4a67fdd9.png

I like yours better anyways...

It was hard because your pics were bigger on my phone than the logo actually is on the screen so I picked the smaller thinner 4... And still lost. When you actually look at it on TV it's absolutely tiny.

So, let me get this straight...

WJXT dropped their legacy logo for something akin to WDIV, and WDIV dropped their somewhat legacy logo for something that looks like it belongs at a Gannett station.

Hm. Makes you think.

All is right with world now, WDIV should be a Gannett station all things being equal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived