CBS affiliation moving to Tribune's WTTV

The Frog

I'm honestly suprised that WISH didn't take MyNetworkTV and that they're schedule looks more like PIX. This would'be been a perfect time for WISH to run a CHCH-like news schedule (ok maybe not THAT far but they could've put more local news on 8).

Actually, throw in Dr. Oz and TMZ and it looks like a Fox affiliate schedule.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm honestly suprised that WISH didn't take MyNetworkTV and that they're schedule looks more like PIX. This would'be been a perfect time for WISH to run a CHCH-like news schedule (ok maybe not THAT far but they could've put more local news on 8).

I wonder if LIN was trying to take ABC away from WRTV? It flew under the radar, but WRTV's ABC affiliation was also due to expire sometime in 2014, and Scripps just recently announced a renewal of their affiliation agreement with ABC. If WISH were pursuing ABC, that could be why MyNetworkTV didn't move to WISH.

I'm assuming that WNDY's MyTV contract was written that it can't be moved?

Even if that was the case, I'd imagine that MNTV would be better than okay moving the affiliation to WISH.

I'm sure MNTV would be fine with it. The question is: Why would WISH *WANT* it? I'll bet whatever they program will pull better numbers than MyNetworkTV would pull.

Makes you wonder what WNDY's lineup will look like. Exempting HIMYM all the replacement programming is coming from WNDY. I get that being in the middle of a "program season" they pretty much have to work with what they got. But, what are they going to fill all the holes on WNDY with, now? Or, do they just re-run the same programming on WNDY?

It actually isn't too bad of a lineup. I might have went for putting the Anger Management, Hot In Cleveland, Cougar Town block in primetime versus the "entertainment block" they are going with. It could have been a quasi-"new to broadcast" sitcom block. That said I understand why they'd go for the "entertainment block" as it's first-run and new every night. Also, I'm a little surprised Hot Bench didn't make the move. I thought it was preforming pretty well.

I wonder if LIN was trying to take ABC away from WRTV? It flew under the radar, but WRTV's ABC affiliation was also due to expire sometime in 2014, and Scripps just recently announced a renewal of their affiliation agreement with ABC. If WISH were pursuing ABC, that could be why MyNetworkTV didn't move to WISH.

I did bring that up previously in the thread when everyone was discussing WISH possibly taking one of the other affiliations in the market. That said it's possible WISH might have been hoping for an opportunity to wrestle ABC away from WRTV. But, I don't think it ever had much of a chance of happening. As long as ABC got what it was looking for from Scripps, ABC was unlikely to "upset the apple cart." In any case it's a moot point now.

https://tribwttv.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/cbs4-schedule.pdf

WTTV CBS schedule. Their weekday syndie programming will be Judge Mathis, People's Court, Big Bang Theory and TMZ.

Interesting that there will be no weekend morning newscasts to start out. I imagine they will be added soon.

I would expect them to beef up their weekday syndie programming in the future.

Slight "sneak peaks" as graphics/set.

First, slight peak at graphics (Appear's to be on FOX 59's set.)

https://twitter.com/nsjheck/status/545046376082440192/photo/1

And this "sneak peak" at the set... although it's very vague.

https://twitter.com/IN_Channel4/status/544635777141854208/photo/1

Also, Indy Star is reporting that Jessica Hayes from WISH is going over to 4 to be the weekend anchor.

Radio interview with Bob Donaldson and Chris Wright:

http://praiseindy.hellobeautiful.com/2046775/in-depth-interview-chris-wright-is-back-joins-debby-knox-bob-donaldson-on-new-cbs4-newscasts/

Some bullet points...

- 70 additional staffers hired

- New set nothing like 59s and "Very open"

- Weather not done on greenscreen, but 9 monitor weather wall (probably similar to 59s 9 monitor wall)

- New weather computers

- Both stations will compete against each other

- WTTV will be live on the air New Year's eve, when clock hits midnight Debby Knox and Chris Wright will be introduced to audience and will "christen" CBS 4

- Bob/Chris not even allowed to say "CBS 4" to media until Jan 1

Archived