Megatrax's Iron Man sounds like Gari

Guest NewsHound

Guest NewsHound

Go here and search:

http://www.megatrax.com and type in 'Iron Man'.

Maybe it's just me, but this sounds an awful lot like a Gari theme. Do you agree?

EDIT: Actually, so does 'Track and Field' on the same CD, Olympic Challenge Vol. 1, catalog # MX020

The thing that these two themes have in common is Rick Rhodes and Linda Lawley, do they work for Gari?

Guest NewsHound

Yeah, I was just looking through trying to see if I could identify the music that WPXI was using, because I am almost convinced its production music, and I stumbled across those themes and instantly was reminded of 1990s Gari.

In fact, Track and Field's musical logo is a near copy but blantant ripoff of Eyewitness News version 1.

I've heard this "Iron Man" cue used on some ads and maybe a couple of sports related shows, back in the day.

OMG. Listen to "Winner's Circle" on that same CD. It sounds like its that same exact cue

I'm pretty sure I remember KUSA using that cue too. I guess all of Gannett's NBC affiliates did?

Ah nice catch. Definitely in "Iron Man"... hear Kurzweil K2000 rhythms and the "Korg M1 - Brass Mix preset" also known as Gari's favorite 90's blasting horns button.... and still a go-to sound for his synth brass most of the time. Looks like it's also a favorite preset for Rick Rhodes, as it's been featured not only the tracks mentioned, but selections from Killertracks.

Guess when Gari and Rhodes are collaborating together, you'll often hear this..... "needs more horns Chris, hit up that M1 brass mix preset baby"... "Frank whatdoyathink???? Just a little more M1 brass mix preset.... that's the golden ticket baby!!"

Also, hear that Newschannel vibe as well in "Track and Field"... I never noticed how close some of these sounds were when I used Megatrax in the past.

Archived