ABC 7 3pm slot after Katie ends

jtgh922

A second run of Jeopardy and Millionaire.

I just feel like, unless the new Tyra Banks show would fill in 3p slot next year, new eps of Millionaire should be in the 3p hour instead of being prone to preemption likewise constantly at 12:30p by breaking news/special reports from ABC News or WABC. It can be frustrating for one who watches the show daily.

Yeah I meant overall, but maybe they might want to fill that hole?

I think they are going with Millionaire/Jeopardy because they have plans to put Tyra Banks show there for Fall 2015 if all goes as planned. Doesn't make sense to place something else there only to yank it a year later, so repeats are probably best as placeholders. Believe it or not, WABC is the only station with news at 4pm in NYC. I always thought 3pm news would be overkill.

A 3pm newscast on WABC would be ridiculous. That's news from 3-7. If a station like PIX or WWOR did it I could understand but even then it's kind of dumb. A later evening newscast (7 or 8) would be better than mid afternoon when like nobody is home.

What if they extended Eyewitness News at Noon to a full hour, then the Chew at 1, General Hospital at 2, and then back to back Millionaire from 3-4?

See my reasoning at post #6 above this topic.

What if they extended Eyewitness News at Noon to a full hour, then the Chew at 1, General Hospital at 2, and then back to back Millionaire from 3-4?

I think they've stated that the hour will be filled with Millionaire/Jeopardy hour of reruns. So no back-to-back Millionaires. Also seems the reruns will be paired together, so I think the new Millionaire will remain at 12:30. The only question I have is will the reruns air at 2pm or 3pm. Seems like General Hospital in Chicago and LA have moved GH back to its old long running time slot in those time zones (from 1pm C/P to 2pm C/P).

• 2 weeks later...

I really wanted their 12pm to go a full hour. I never expected them to go through with it.

Now here's where I find it puzzling. What would happen if Tyra's new panel talk show comes into fruition and air on the 2pm slot next year, are they going to move Millionaire back to 12:30? It would be stupid to expand the news past 12:30pm, only to eliminate it in Fall 2015.

Wow so an hour broadcast of Eyewitness News at Noon. Any idea on if David Novarro and Liz Cho will take over that slot or if it will be Lori Stokes and Ken Rosato? Because that would be incredibly long hours for the morning team. Being there from 3:30am to 1:00pm. What time do the morning anchors usually get to the station prior to the newscast? Do they usually have to be there at least and hour prior to actually map out the newscasts?

Wow so an hour broadcast of Eyewitness News at Noon. Any idea on if David Novarro and Liz Cho will take over that slot or if it will be Lori Stokes and Ken Rosato? Because that would be incredibly long hours for the morning team. Being there from 3:30am to 1:00pm. What time do the morning anchors usually get to the station prior to the newscast? Do they usually have to be there at least and hour prior to actually map out the newscasts?

It will be the morning team.

It's gonna be the morning team. But I agree I thought it was gonna be David and Liz. Or maybe even David and Diana since they both only are on an hour a day but I guess they feel changing the team isn't a good idea.

Yeah but there's a chunk of time when they're not on the air between 7-12

Would the half hour updates they give during GMA be considered on air too? If so that means they are on air till 9 albeit just a few minutes each half during the GMA updates.

Would the half hour updates they give during GMA be considered on air too? If so that means they are on air till 9 albeit just a few minutes each half during the GMA updates.

I mean, it's an opinion if it should count. I think he meant they go 5 hours without an actual newscast.

I still think they have pretty long hours. From 3:00am to 1:00pm. That's long! They should use another team for the 12:00 Noon broadcast. If they want a quality broadcast they would do that out of respect for the hard working morning team. I feel like David Novarro & Liz Cho or Diana Williams and David Novarro. Because Diana is usually already there well before the 5:00pm broadcast.

But then again when watching the noon broadcasts it's essentially a rehash of the morning news there's very little new content to see during the noon broadcasts especially since there are no promos for it. It's probably their "weakest" or "least" desirable newscast of the day.

They can save the good content and stingers for the higher rated broadcasts like the 4-6 ones.

Are you people naive to think once an anchor get cleared at 12:27 you start to go downstairs and punch out? The same for a Fox morning news program, they're out at the studio at 10:15 and go on with their day at the local mall, the park, etc, etc?

No. Most anchors if they are not on camera are on standby so in case of a breaking news story, they can stop whatever they are doing and go back on set and cover the breaking news. Same for the late night crew. Depending on the contract, daypart and station, they could be hanging out for at least a couple hours after their last newscast of the day.

Archived