Sade Baderinwa On WABC-TV/Ch. 7's Eyewitness News at 6:00 PM!!!!!!

Micstromme

I can't tell you how shocked I was when I spotted Sade Baderinwa, the station's 11 PM co-anchor, solo anchoring the 6 pm news this past Friday. She was sitting in for the vacationing Bill Ritter and Liz Cho. I don't think it has ever happened before. If so, then it is almost as rare as Liz Cho filling in for her at 11 pm, or ever for that matter.

Either way it was a nice change. Anyone else noticed this on Friday?

I can't tell you how shocked I was when I spotted Sade Baderinwa, the station's 11 PM co-anchor, solo anchoring the 6 pm news this past Friday. She was sitting in for the vacationing Bill Ritter and Liz Cho. I don't think it has ever happened before. If so, then it is almost as rare as Liz Cho filling in for her at 11 pm, or ever for that matter.

Talk about being excited! Anyways, did this really deserve its own thread? WABC is known for utilizing ALL of their talent in unique timeslots when someone is off/vacationing. Not surprised, but I agree with you, I don't even remember the last time Sade anchored the 6pm, whether it be solo or with another anchor.

Liz fills in for Sade at 11pm all the time.

She just seems to have no personality. Probably a very nice woman but not suited for the 11pm show on the top rated station for news in the city.

She has a lovely personality. I would just say she likes to keep her private life private. And that's not a bad thing. If you want to talk about no personality, go talk about Dari. And if there was seriously a problem with Sade, she would not be anchoring the most watched local newscast in America. New Yorker's trust and love Sade Baderinwa. I literally see ZERO problem with her AT ALL.

Sade is a wonderful woman, not to mention drop dead gorgeous. I've had the pleasure of meeting her & I wouldn't say she has a dry personality at all. On air it may seem that way but not in person from my experience. Ratings show that she & Bill Ritter are viewers top choice @11

I wouldn't mind seeing Liz back at 11pm and Sade at 6pm but would Liz want to work the late night newscast again??

And yes Dari Alexander is painful to watch. Why is she still anchoring the 10pm. Even when she's doing Friday Night Live she's stiff as a board smh.

Sade is a sweetheart and all but I do agree she isn't the best fit for 11pm.. but hey, we seem to be in the minority as the ratings show otherwise. After Roz Abrams left, I would have loved it if Lori was paired with Diana at 5pm. I really enjoy that broadcast so much more when Lori fills in for Sade. As for the 11pm, Diana and Liz were great during their runs as 11pm co-anchor.. Sade, not so much, at least not yet.

Speaking of 11 pm, Diana Williams sat in for Sade Baderinwa tonight. It brings back a lot of good memories to see her back in that chair with Bill Ritter. As for Sade to sit in at 6 pm, I was just shocked to see her there for that show. The fill ins are usually slated for Dave and/or Diana, should both 6 pm anchors be off for the night.

She has a lovely personality. I would just say she likes to keep her private life private. And that's not a bad thing. If you want to talk about no personality, go talk about Dari. And if there was seriously a problem with Sade, she would not be anchoring the most watched local newscast in America. New Yorker's trust and love Sade Baderinwa. I literally see ZERO problem with her AT ALL.

She was great when she was at WBAL before making the jump to WABC. Unfortunately there were some rumors going around that some low life's speculated that she was involved in something and that someone in power got her the job at WABC to be kept quiet. Most Baltimoreans and I never believed it.

Seeing Liz and Bill together again at 11 reminds me how much I enjoyed their work together. I'm never at home by 6 to see them, but they had just the right chemistry back when they did the 6 and the 11. Sade just doesn't fit as well with the 11:00 boys (Bill, Lee and Rob) as Liz does; but Sade does fit better with Diana (when I've seen them) at 5, IMO.

Seeing Liz and Bill together again at 11 reminds me how much I enjoyed their work together. I'm never at home by 6 to see them, but they had just the right chemistry back when they did the 6 and the 11. Sade just doesn't fit as well with the 11:00 boys (Bill, Lee and Rob) as Liz does; but Sade does fit better with Diana (when I've seen them) at 5, IMO.

I agree. But seriously as much as we would like to see a "re-do", nothing at EWN is changing based on their fabulous ratings!

Agreed!

Archived