Ever want to debate someone in real time on a topic on TVNewsTalk.net? Sick of logging into the chatroom and seeing no one but yourself? Well, fret no more.

Announcing: TVNT Chat Night!

Every Saturday night a group of TVNT administrators and moderators as well have several members have set aside time to debate and chat with other members.

We had a set chat night like this years ago and it was a great success and a lot of new friendships were made. Join us Saturday night to meet your fellow members. Pop on in at any time!

im sure its my computer since its moody and likes some java applications and doesnt like others, but whenever i click on the chatroom all i get is a blank box with a float button and a "Powered by EveryWhereChat.com (Terms of Use)" link. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling java, but my computer is just retarded.

im sure its my computer since its moody and likes some java applications and doesnt like others, but whenever i click on the chatroom all i get is a blank box with a float button and a "Powered by EveryWhereChat.com (Terms of Use)" link. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling java, but my computer is just retarded.

Hey, Todd--

Have you tried a different browser? What are your Internet Security options as far as trusting third-party Java applets?

When the chat page opens, you should, after a moment or so, be presented with a box asking you to grant access to the Java control from Akiva systems. If you're not seeing that, the first thing I would check is how your computer is set handle requests from Java applets, IE Always Trust, Always Deny.

A few more questions: what browser are you using? Are you using Java from Sun Microsystems, or the version from Microsoft?

i use firefox normally, but i have IE. i have the sunmicro version. i think i have java enabled, but then again i dont know much about computers other than basic operation.

firefoxsettings.jpg

but if i go to the everywherechat.com main page, i can open chat rooms just fine. this is why it confuses me, why it works some places and doesnt work others. IE does the same thing

it happened to me yesterday, I tried to get on while several people were chatting and that float button was the only thing that came up. I tried once again after the chatroom was empty and it worked just fine. :-\

would have loved to join y'all because none of my friends wanted to do anything tonight, but my computer is a jackass and the tech support people at "everywherechat.com" are no help

You would have had a blast. Hope you can make the next one.

would have loved to join y'all because none of my friends wanted to do anything tonight, but my computer is a jackass and the tech support people at "everywherechat.com" are no help

dont get me wrong, i would much rather go clubbing than sit at home in a chat room all night though

dont get me wrong, i would much rather go clubbing than sit at home in a chat room all night though

Sounds like a lot more fun :)

since you live in alaska, i imagine when you say "clubbing" you mean "seal clubbing".

since you live in alaska, i imagine when you say "clubbing" you mean "seal clubbing".

yup youre right, i go galloping off into the midnight sun, riding on the back of my polar bear to kill me some baby seals, thats what i call a good time

Archived