Scripps - General Discussion

ns8401
Message added by Weeters,

Thread Note: Since Scripps has indicated they intend to run ION Media as a separate entity from their existing (mostly) news-producing stations, ION discussion has been relocated to a new thread.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, TheRob said:

I wonder what went down at KTNV in Las Vegas. Both the GM and the ND are out.

Considering it came right after the end of May sweeps, it may very well have been related to ratings. 

Another silent dump of MyNetworkTV; WACY is done with the network as of today in the Appleton/Green Bay market and replaced it with Dateline and Monk reruns. Apparently WFRV is picking it up on one of their subs, but I'm not seeing anything on their schedule yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since Scripps owns the MTN (Montana Television Network) group of stations, I just thought I’d post it here….

Pretty disturbing story about their political reporter, Ashley Nerbovig (you may want to click on the affidavit in the story surrounding her arrest—it’s pretty bizarre!!): https://montanatalks.com/montana-tv-political-reporter-arrested-on-burglary-charge/

On 11/8/2022 at 2:19 PM, J1975am said:

Since Scripps owns the MTN (Montana Television Network) group of stations, I just thought I’d post it here….

Pretty disturbing story about their political reporter, Ashley Nerbovig (you may want to click on the affidavit in the story surrounding her arrest—it’s pretty bizarre!!): https://montanatalks.com/montana-tv-political-reporter-arrested-on-burglary-charge/

That girl looks possessed in that mug shot. I hope the station also sanctioned her. This is despicable behavior 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 3:08 PM, CLETVFan said:

WEWS is celebrating 75 years on the air in Cleveland this month.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/wews-celebrates-75-years-as-a-trailblazing-station

WEWS will still be (to me)... TV5 Eyewitness News and NewsChannel 5. Happy 75th Anniversary TV5.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheRob said:

Nexstar recently signed a deal to air LA Clippers games on their stations in Southern California, and implied that they might try to do the same in other NBA/MLB/NHL markets. I guess Scripps was paying attention.

Granted, Scripps itself has said that they're not jumping into big national deals from the get-go, but even the smaller leagues could be a boost for their stations, Ion and non-Ion, given how the Big 4's respective corporate owners have been moving all of their biggest shows to streaming for some time, to say nothing of the effective audience cannibalization of their lineups by Hulu and the like.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

Scripps is once again growing in cable.  Makes me wish they didn't sell DIY, HGTV and Food Network in the first place.

These are diginets as opposed to cable. Thanks to the Ion/Inyo footprint, Scripps has a major OTA presence to exploit as well as getting them on every FAST/OTT/SVOD.

4 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Odds are that they eventually spin this division off again.

tbh if they spin anything off in a few years, it’ll be the network affiliates. And they have no reason to even do that.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I doubt it's because nobody's watching, but more that Jewelry TV is offering much more money for the space than the A&E programming license fee has justified two separate gendered networks so far. At the end of the day, it's a rerun feed and Scripps isn't going to dump money into a network that's doing nothing, when JTV can dump money into them and give a sales cut.

Also most of TR's programming was the dregs of A&E, and they ran away from Dance Moms once it became clear everyone in the cast outside Abby would just like it to die.

• Like 1

image.png.5ff6e494fe46dcb6916fd011e2d5bbf2.png    I

I Saw this Gem on Facebook this evening, about "KMGH news letters".  I wonder if other E.W. Scripps stations are being sued for this?     I didn't feel like filling out an attorney retainer questionnaire.  If anyone here knows details let me know I'm curious.

Edited by DENDude
  • Haha 3