Scripps - General Discussion

ns8401
Message added by Weeters,

Thread Note: Since Scripps has indicated they intend to run ION Media as a separate entity from their existing (mostly) news-producing stations, ION discussion has been relocated to a new thread.

Ooh those are pretty. They look like an update to the update they rolled out about a year ago. Is it only for promos/teasers or did they get a new open as well?

When WXYZ got them it was shortly before they went to Viz and they got new opens too.

• Like 3

Are they whole new opens or just a tweak of the original ones?

Almost completely new... they added times and such along with a city scape and angled "Live" transition within the open... it shows the original logo angling at the viewer when the VO says "7 Action News"... at some point in the future I will post them but right now I'm not in a position to hook everything up and get a good video...

• Like 3

WGBA/WTMJ have renewed their contract with the Green Bay Packers for preseason games, "The Mike McCarthy Show," and other team programming.

http://www.nbc26.com/news/nbc26-extends-broadcast-partnership-with-green-bay-packers

In addition, they have also secured the rights to air "Packers Family Night," an annual team scrimmage that takes place before preseason starts. "Family Night" previously aired on and was produced by WLUK. It also had aired on WITI in Milwaukee.

Are they whole new opens or just a tweak of the original ones?

I apologize in advance for any quality issues or background noises but it's going to have to do...

11pm Open:

11pm Transition to break:

One thing that's interesting is that they use different music for their 11pm... it's still Inergy but not a cut I've heard before...

• Like 1

Almost completely new... they added times and such along with a city scape and angled "Live" transition within the open... it shows the original logo angling at the viewer when the VO says "7 Action News"... at some point in the future I will post them but right now I'm not in a position to hook everything up and get a good video...

Those sound like the opens the former Journal stations use?

• Like 1

I've never heard that cut before. Wonder if it's part of a new set of music cuts?

Either way, the updated opens look pretty sharp, the animation is a bit smoother/crisper. I wonder what the plan is for those promo graphics. Is it part of a new future graphics package or just an update to the existing one? I'm curious to find out if that flat LIVE bug we saw a few weeks back belongs in the same set as these promo graphics...

I've never heard that cut before. Wonder if it's part of a new set of music cuts?

The music is not new. Inergy came with three flavors of main theme, "Light" (usually used for mornings) "Medium" (what is used here) , and "Hard" (what the

used)
  • Like 1

Do they have "breaking news" in the L3 enough times?

Don't forget that, when the breaking news lower third animates on, it briefly says "BREAKING NEWS" in the main text area too. :rolleyes:

The little corner box in Scripps' package is a cool concept, but I feel it just ends up being redundant half the time anyways. Leaving the generic loop there would be better than cramming in a franchise graphic that's ALREADY being mentioned in the yellow/red bar on the top of the lower third.

I apologize in advance for any quality issues or background noises but it's going to have to do...

11pm Open:

11pm Transition to break:

One thing that's interesting is that they use different music for their 11pm... it's still Inergy but not a cut I've heard before...

The theme used in the regular open kind of sounds like the music that WIS used in this tease.

• Like 1

When the weather outside is slow and you fumble your initial delivery why not try again?

It takes a minute to get going because I don't have any way to edit it down but all the good stuff is in the first maybe 2 minutes or so... something fun for after sweeps and to brighten up an otherwise sunny forecast...

So a few news and notes from KGTV:

*Weekend AM Weather anchor Kristen Keogh left a few weeks ago to return to Phoenix.

*Weekend AM anchor Robert Santos left the station today after 8 years. It seems like his contract was not renewed since he used that old b.s. excuse of having some time to do things that " I want to do." and said that he was staying in the area.

*Melissa Mecija appears to be Kristen's replacement on weather/Weekend AM's

*Neda Iranpour, formerly of XETV/10pm anchor has been hired as the Live Center anchor for the AM Newscast. That spot was occupied by Renee Nelson, whom has been on medical leave since Aug/Sept. of 2016. Not sure if she plans to return or what, but no indication from the station as to what her employment status is.

*Weekend evening anchor Rielle Creighton has also left the station and is moving to Florida with her husband and child. Her hubby is in the Coast Guard and was recently transferred to FLA.

So a few news and notes from KGTV:

*Weekend AM Weather anchor Kristen Keogh left a few weeks ago to return to Phoenix.

*Weekend AM anchor Robert Santos left the station today after 8 years. It seems like his contract was not renewed since he used that old b.s. excuse of having some time to do things that " I want to do." and said that he was staying in the area.

*Melissa Mecija appears to be Kristen's replacement on weather/Weekend AM's

*Neda Iranpour, formerly of XETV/10pm anchor has been hired as the Live Center anchor for the AM Newscast. That spot was occupied by Renee Nelson, whom has been on medical leave since Aug/Sept. of 2016. Not sure if she plans to return or what, but no indication from the station as to what her employment status is.

*Weekend evening anchor Rielle Creighton has also left the station and is moving to Florida with her husband and child. Her hubby is in the Coast Guard and was recently transferred to FLA.

*Bye,Bye Kristine...party on !

*Poor Robert...but he was smoked as soon as they paired him up with "wash and wear" for that AM wknd show. That thing has become a giant abortion. Maybe if Robert "Wang's" it up a bit...

*Mommy Melissa is much better suited for WX..she is NOT an "investigator" and let's not pretend she is. I'm still team Melissa but now you go and WASTE her on that crappy weekend morning show. Put the Weather Pinata on that shift and put Melissa or Megan on the weekday nights..

*Rielle...

You could tell she was leaving because she finally got real.

A few weeks ago she was doing a live shot from a drive bye shooting in the hood....

Whoever wrote the lead-in to the live shot didn't realize that Crieghton was "in da hood" ..

"Shots rang out in this normally quiet Bay Terraces neighborhood....

...Rielle Crieghton is on the scene...."

The look on her face was priceless!

I could tell she wanted to say

"I'm in the fricking hood you dumb-asses...Everybody, except the idiot that wrote this lead-in KNOWS I'm in the Hood"

Well Good for her...she is a solid reporter and will enjoy the gators and fine moist weather in FL.

*Neda???

Convince me ok?

Sure she is nice enough, but I want to see some "pop". Maybe she has some hidden talents that we have not seen. Maybe CW6 was not a proper showcase....show me.

Are any reporters at KGTV full-time anymore? I t5hink I see Rachael Bianco once every 8 weeks for about :45 of air time. Where is Little Joe working as his other job?

Left Eye was on the 10k detail last weekend...what happened to Grecie...or Matt ....or Hanna...or Janet Kwok???

Where the hell did Janet Kwok go?

Does anyone miss Janet Kwok?

She lasted all of :22 seconds...

10News weekend mornings tend to be a little boring, and I'm not sure if I would blame the talent or the just the content and the flow of the show.... in the past I would usually flip it the Dan Plante and Dave Scott show on KUSI if I wanted to spike up my Sunday morning, but even that show changed talent recently.

Glad to see Neda returning to television, but will miss Rielle.

From this Twitter posting, perhaps we will see a brand new weekend morning team:

[MEDIA=twitter]864903825965973504[/MEDIA]

10News weekend mornings tend to be a little boring, and I'm not sure if I would blame the talent or the just the content and the flow of the show.... in the past I would usually flip it the Dan Plante and Dave Scott show on KUSI if I wanted to spike up my Sunday morning, but even that show changed talent recently.

From this Twitter posting, perhaps we will see a brand new weekend morning team:

Does that show even HAVE a producer?

I get the feeling that show was being pre-punched each day.

That twitter photo is the delusions of the cat lady and her budget.

That should be her weekday team, cuz I'm down with doing tequiilla shooters with MaryMac now that Valdez is all married off.

The Quad cities wants their darling back....maybe her hubby could also ask for a transfer of duty stations.

*Bye,Bye Kristine...party on !

*Poor Robert...but he was smoked as soon as they paired him up with "wash and wear" for that AM wknd show. That thing has become a giant abortion. Maybe if Robert "Wang's" it up a bit...

*Mommy Melissa is much better suited for WX..she is NOT an "investigator" and let's not pretend she is. I'm still team Melissa but now you go and WASTE her on that crappy weekend morning show. Put the Weather Pinata on that shift and put Melissa or Megan on the weekday nights..

*Rielle...

You could tell she was leaving because she finally got real.

A few weeks ago she was doing a live shot from a drive bye shooting in the hood....

Whoever wrote the lead-in to the live shot didn't realize that Crieghton was "in da hood" ..

"Shots rang out in this normally quiet Bay Terraces neighborhood....

...Rielle Crieghton is on the scene...."

The look on her face was priceless!

I could tell she wanted to say

"I'm in the fricking hood you dumb-asses...Everybody, except the idiot that wrote this lead-in KNOWS I'm in the Hood"

Well Good for her...she is a solid reporter and will enjoy the gators and fine moist weather in FL.

*Neda???

Convince me ok?

Sure she is nice enough, but I want to see some "pop". Maybe she has some hidden talents that we have not seen. Maybe CW6 was not a proper showcase....show me.

Are any reporters at KGTV full-time anymore? I t5hink I see Rachael Bianco once every 8 weeks for about :45 of air time. Where is Little Joe working as his other job?

Left Eye was on the 10k detail last weekend...what happened to Grecie...or Matt ....or Hanna...or Janet Kwok???

Where the hell did Janet Kwok go?

Does anyone miss Janet Kwok?

She lasted all of :22 seconds...

I like Neda. She really improved from when she first started at 6, to when it shut down.

Rielle was very underrated and under-utilized at 10. Such a shame. She should have put on The Now instead of Anne "Lisp" State and Garfield the Cat Wessler.

Matt Mendes left a few months ago. Moved to the lovely Fresno to be an anchor.

Grecia is still there, as is the Rach.

Robert was as bland and boring as they came. He's a good reporter, but has the personality of kidney stone.

Melissa will take Kristen's spot on weather. Not sure what the deal is with Vanessa, in regards to if she's being replaced or not. Also, Jim could anchor weekend AM's or PM's. Who knows, except for the nutty cat lady in charge- whom seems to not know WTF she's doing.

Does that show even HAVE a producer?

I get the feeling that show was being pre-punched each day.

That twitter photo is the delusions of the cat lady and her budget.

That should be her weekday team, cuz I'm down with doing tequiilla shooters with MaryMac now that Valdez is all married off.

The Quad cities wants their darling back....maybe her hubby could also ask for a transfer of duty stations.

Sunday's AM news repeats on 10News Channel were from Saturday morning's/evening shows. I know they aired an abbreviated Sunday AM newscast, but when it came time to playback, they used the newscasts from the day before. Not sure what was up with that.

Well that's what they did...

Revamped the show and it's 10 times better already...and It's only 10 mins into the show.

One thing...

Get Mary McKenzie into wardrobe and hair ASAP...she needs a more Ca. look.

They also have to do something about these lame ass live shots. hell just "puppy dog" the KUSI van and follow Dave Scott .

Edit: Ok get Mary Mac's hair under control and you will have a pretty solid team here...this really looks like a weekday morning crew...or a solid weekend 6p-l11p show crew.

Looks like VanHeftye is bumped up to the weekend evenings.(snooooze) according to a promo.