Scripps - General Discussion

ns8401
Message added by Weeters,

Thread Note: Since Scripps has indicated they intend to run ION Media as a separate entity from their existing (mostly) news-producing stations, ION discussion has been relocated to a new thread.

And a good 4 years later...

The traffic ticker is still repeating the same info...every day for the last 4+ years.

Go figure.

The traffic ticker is part of the capital expenditures budget. No new traffic ticker for another 4 years. #itsthescrippsway #storiesthatmatter #givelightandthepeoplewillfindtheirway

• Like 2

The traffic ticker is part of the capital expenditures budget. No new traffic ticker for another 4 years. #itsthescrippsway #storiesthatmatter #givelightandthepeoplewillfindtheirway

Yeah, Give Light And The People Will Find Their Own Way.

But that light from that Lighthouse is surely sending people in the wrong direction. But yes, that's the Scripps Way.

• Like 1

The traffic ticker is part of the capital expenditures budget. No new traffic ticker for another 4 years.

Of course, it's Scripps so they only buy in bulk.

Matarese_Smile_1457558124298_33440218_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Don't waste your money!! I'm John Mataresssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=JMK6lzmSk2o;t=53

• Like 5

when i was a detroit kid i used to count on WXYZ but i was more and more tuned to WJBK because they were on the spot for breaking news and investigative stuff and WXYZ sometimes weren't as alert or at least i thought they were. i agree with the whole weather thing though really WXYZ?

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
Agreed, also nice dining set in the far right.

My phone wouldn't focus for that shot and I was running out of time so when it did finally focus I just hit the button... I like how there are two versions too... when they had their own package last it was always bright red in that upper left corner.

Looks too big. And is it me, or does the LIVE bug look a bit different style-wise from the rest of the graphics package? I don't know why i'm getting a CNN-esque vibe from it... Anyways, it's a whole lot better than where it was before.

Looks too big. And is it me, or does the LIVE bug look a bit different style-wise from the rest of the graphics package? I don't know why i'm getting a CNN-esque vibe from it... Anyways, it's a whole lot better than where it was before.

It occurred to me that it might be a new design direction for them... maybe they are starting with the live bug in building a new package? :D

It's fully flat and the package is semi flat so there's that. Their new morning promo graphics and evening feature promo graphics are fully flat like that as well.

It occurred to me that it might be a new design direction for them... maybe they are starting with the live bug in building a new package? :D

It's fully flat and the package is semi flat so there's that. Their new morning promo graphics and evening feature promo graphics are fully flat like that as well.

I didn't want to say new graphics package, but I think we should start up the "OMG new Scripps gfx package on its way?!?!?" speculation. LOL.

They are due for at the very least an update...

I didn't want to say new graphics package, but I think we should start up the "OMG new Scripps gfx package on its way?!?!?" speculation. LOL.

They are due for at the very least an update...

They are... 5 years is a long time without changing much of anything...

• Like 1

They are... 5 years is a long time without changing much of anything...

Keep in mind though that they're (still?) unveiling the new package to the former Journal stations. I remember saying some time ago that I was a bit disappointed they didn't just commission a new package, because the package is already 4.5 years old for their original stations, with the new ones having it for a year or less. Why build a new package after you just rolled out your current one to several of your stations barely a year ago?

• Like 4

Keep in mind though that they're (still?) unveiling the new package to the former Journal stations. I remember saying some time ago that I was a bit disappointed they didn't just commission a new package, because the package is already 4.5 years old for their original stations, with the new ones having it for a year or less. Why build a new package after you just rolled out your current one to several of your stations barely a year ago?

Which ex-journal stations are due for the Scripps gfx? And a new package could take months if not a year more to be rolled out groupwide, so at least they'll have this look for a while.

• Like 1

Anyone know what's up with this? Few days ago, was driving on the freeway and spotted a older series KGTV van, still sporting the older graphics and paint scheme. No mast or any equipment on the roof, and it looked like it hadn't had a wash in a long time. No chance to take a photo, but it was the exact same one (or similar) to this photo taken in 2015. I really doubt it's owned by KGTV still, although with them you never know. And if it was privately owned, wouldn't KGTV take off all branding (as well as the microwave dishes and equipment) before selling it?

[MEDIA=flickr]15925648763[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

Anyone know what's up with this? Few days ago, was driving on the freeway and spotted a older series KGTV van, still sporting the older graphics and paint scheme. No mast or any equipment on the roof, and it looked like it hadn't had a wash in a long time. No chance to take a photo, but it was the exact same one (or similar) to this photo taken in 2015. I really doubt it's owned by KGTV still, although with them you never know. And if it was privately owned, wouldn't KGTV take off all branding (as well as the microwave dishes and equipment) before selling it?

[MEDIA=flickr]15925648763[/MEDIA]

I have shots of the same about 4 years ago shot on the corner of Meade and Washington in the University Heights / Hillcrest area.. I was told it belonged to Paul Andregg (Breaking News Tracker) and he was living in it.

maybe it was John Coleman.....

I forget..

But it's owned in the area.....and KGTV don't care..could it be one of the future Univision Vans just a lil refurb?

I'm sure I was told it was a riot decoy needed now that Trump is prez.

That thing is a chick magnet...I bet you could pick-up reporter chicks if you said you were a tree trimmer in that van.

• Like 1