Scripps - General Discussion

ns8401
Message added by Weeters,

Thread Note: Since Scripps has indicated they intend to run ION Media as a separate entity from their existing (mostly) news-producing stations, ION discussion has been relocated to a new thread.

4 hours ago, ScottSchell said:

These are what KJRH have been showing before the newscasts and 1 during the news when they are doing a "covering" a county spot.

20190819_165400.jpg

20190822_223410.jpg

20190822_223421.jpg

My local station has had them for about 6-8 months. 

Edited by who?cares

3 hours ago, DirtyHarry said:

Pros and cons of cursive? LOL

I guess it’s teaching them.  My school class apparently stands out from the others because they taught a different style for a year or two - things like M,N,Q and Z are completely different from the mainstream . 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I happened to notice that the top headline on WTVF's website right now is about who won Nashville's mayoral runoff...which happened on Thursday. The story itself was last updated shortly after noon on Friday.

I've been to Nashville. Weekends are definitely not that light on news to cover...

32 minutes ago, HoosierNewsie said:

Not sure when this happened but KXXV has changed their branding, again. They’re now going by 25 News and using the slogan “Connecting Central Texas. Still using the limerick graphics but with a glossier logo and odd animations. 

This happened about 2 weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, DirtyHarry said:

They really should update their lettering. Looks like a stretched Univers font and it looks dated. And while they're at it, Action News is so 1970's.

Before they expanded it was always interesting how widely used the "Action News" brand was in Scripps. I always wondered how so many of them came to use it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottSchell said:

Yes

On one hand I should clarify that this is WXYZ’s first win in any time slot in A25-54 in 8 years. As for Scripps as a whole... I keep forgetting it isn’t a 7/8/9 station outfit anymore...

On 10/2/2019 at 7:23 PM, TheOneManHerd said:

The initial plan from Landmark was to sell WTVF to Bonten. Needless to say, it's good thing they went with Journal instead.

They definitely dodged a bullet when the Bonten deal fell through. That company was Sinclair-lite in every aspect.

48 minutes ago, TennTV1983 said:

They definitely dodged a bullet when the Bonten deal fell through. That company was Sinclair-lite in every aspect.

Probably even cheaper. Aside from the mandated political garbage, KOMO, WJLA and even WBFF put on an attractive product, just to name a few.

Edited by AJClementeFan69

21 hours ago, who?cares said:

KIVI launched a different virtual set on Monday. 

When are these stations going to stop it with this "virtual set that looks like a real set" nonsense?

You have VR and can do ANYTHING, why have this bland, cliche junk that looks like some movie's interpretation of what a local news set looks like?

• Like 4