Scripps - General Discussion

ns8401
Message added by Weeters,

Thread Note: Since Scripps has indicated they intend to run ION Media as a separate entity from their existing (mostly) news-producing stations, ION discussion has been relocated to a new thread.

1 hour ago, Brother said:

All I'm getting out of today's info is that for some reason, I think I really need to go to Arby's after work today. It's my understanding they have the meats.

For sandwiches.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:41 PM, J1975am said:

KATC now has the Scripps lighthouse closing animation to end their newscasts....

scripps light.jpg

Edited by Eat News
BlackPink- So Hot! ..https://youtu.be/skIfzl96Gc0
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, kmetz said:

Wonder how this happened? 

93723496_ScreenShot2019-05-06at2_51_24PM.thumb.png.5d8ddac0a68effeb0295c34fe52d5590.png

Credit WFTS Facebook.

It’s just a slate to easily identify the open being used. Looking at the other videos it appears it just slipped through. 

1 minute ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

All the websites are still in Cordillera layout but now have the Scripps logo at the bottom... Will only be a matter of time before they switch over as well

So they'll be using the Scripps CMS? 

KMGH has made some sub-channel moves on April 13th.  KZCO-LD Aztecia America Colorado was taken off of 7.2 & replaced by Escape TV. On May 7th, 7.4 now has a blue screen saying programing is coming soon, i would assume this will be the new location for KZCO-LD?   KZCO-LD & KZCS-LD are both listed in FCC docs as being licensed as of May 7th.     Can anyone confirm or deny this?     KTFD-DT meanwhile dropped it's .4 sub channel 5/7/19.

6 hours ago, DENDude said:

KMGH has made some sub-channel moves on April 13th.  KZCO-LD Aztecia America Colorado was taken off of 7.2 & replaced by Escape TV. On May 7th, 7.4 now has a blue screen saying programing is coming soon, i would assume this will be the new location for KZCO-LD?   KZCO-LD & KZCS-LD are both listed in FCC docs as being licensed as of May 7th.     Can anyone confirm or deny this?     KTFD-DT meanwhile dropped it's .4 sub channel 5/7/19.

So wait KMGH has long stopped doing its 24/7 News Channel there on 7.4?

1 hour ago, NewsMaster said:

WFTS will be adding 7 hours of new newscasts beginning on the 3rd of June. The catch? Much of it will be streaming only. Say hello to ABC Action News Streaming Now.

Yeah...

As in the "Action News Pee"  streaming down my leg cuz we won't ever get a break from anchoring...

Edited by Eat News
Insert Text Here
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

So wait KMGH has long stopped doing its 24/7 News Channel there on 7.4?

Yes they stopped that in 2014 around the time they launched "The NOW Denver".

KSHB's general manager resigned on Thursday after 6 years. Her last day is June 2. She probably would've been fired had she not resigned. There were two racial discrimination lawsuits (in short succession) that the station partially (but not totally) was found at fault for, the husband-wife anchor duo suddenly resigning, as well as numerous other turnover during her tenure. No one really wanted to stay there.

On 5/9/2019 at 12:49 AM, DENDude said:

Scripps basically had no choice but to inherit those Azteca affiliations on the McGraw-Hill stations. Entravision took Azteca away from them in San Diego, maybe they're planning on doing the same in Denver?

Scripps basically had no choice but to inherit those Azteca affiliations on the McGraw-Hill stations. Entravision took Azteca away from them in San Diego, maybe they're planning on doing the same in Denver?

I think that is a possibility.  The Escape network has already been airing on KCEC 14.4 for years, and KCEC is the Univision affiliate owned by Entravision.  If Escape is now airing on KMGH 7.2, that does suggest that the same thing has happened in Denver meaning that Azteca will either reappear on 14.4 or on Entravision's other station KTFD on channel 50.3 and in the process move the Stadium sports network to 14.4 where it will be more visible.

The blank Soon on KMGH 7.3 could be anything, I do have a thought that maybe it will be the return of Weather Nation which I have missed since KUSA dropped it, but we'll see.

Edited by alrdenver82

• 1 month later...