Scripps - General Discussion

ns8401
Message added by Weeters,

Thread Note: Since Scripps has indicated they intend to run ION Media as a separate entity from their existing (mostly) news-producing stations, ION discussion has been relocated to a new thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On today’s episode of Scripps graphics parts bin theatre:

WXYZ has a new toy... “Drone 7” and a nifty animation with the circle 7 logo on it:

[ATTACH=full]4602[/ATTACH]

KSHB also has a drone. Looks like something Scripps is investing in for their stations.

For a company so “focused on the cutting edge” they were slow on the uptake with drones...

Sad fact is most TV news operations don't actually own and operate the drones...

Most stations and networks farm the stuff out to stringers and other outside operators.

Why???

LIABILITY reasons.

• Like 2

To be fair a lot of stations don't have drones.

To be fair, any station can afford a drone.

KBEX has owned and operated it's own drone since 1973.

Our gas operated drone scares the SH*T out of the competition....and birds.

120650873_kbexdrone.thumb.jpg.ec5450b8a567079c52c73aa06f625cc5.jpg

• Like 1

I recall that KGTV was testing out a drone about 3-4 years back when they canned their own helicopter. Nothing ever materialized from that test. So they were left S.O.L.; No chopper and no drone...

But they did get a new nifty SKY 10 animation a few years back, for a chopper that no longer exists.

• Like 1

I recall that KGTV was testing out a drone about 3-4 years back when they canned their own helicopter. Nothing ever materialized from that test. So they were left S.O.L.; No chopper and no drone...

But they did get a new nifty SKY 10 animation a few years back, for a chopper that no longer exists.

There was a hand painted sign on the fence that surrounded the KGTV heliport "Sky-10 Heliport"...

Over the years it faded..

I so wanted to steal that sign.

• Like 1

There was a hand painted sign on the fence that surrounded the KGTV heliport "Sky-10 Heliport"...

Over the years it faded..

I so wanted to steal that sign.

I'm a big fan of that rotating 10 above the cement pillar. If there was one thing to steal from there, it'd be that. LOL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
scripps going overboard with ads. when you visit a scripps website it now takes you to an ad landing page for 10 seconds before taking you to the homepage.

KGTV's site already blocks users who have ad blockers. So this wasn't much of a surprise. But Scripps now is really wanting you to see banner ads on their sites, and I don't like that.

scripps going overboard with ads. when you visit a scripps website it now takes you to an ad landing page for 10 seconds before taking you to the homepage.

Ugggg...

And the KGTV site has an ad blocker thingy on it.

They might actually be doing me a favor by blocking it.

By being blocked from the KGTV site I find...

I'm nicer to people...

I'm not subject to BS facebook "like" trolling...

I no longer drink and drive...

Women talk to me again...

My gastro system seems more regular...

EDIT: My E.D. is cured!!!!

...Now that KGTV has blocked my ad blocker.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hello TVNT folks! This is my first post on this site after a couple years of lurking...

Back on Wednesday, I was watching the 11 PM newscast on WXYZ and going into commercial, they displayed a preview banner that had their morning newscast run from "4 to 7 AM". Of course, the morning newscast promos they aired during the commercials still mentioned a 4:30 start time, as does my program guide.

Is this expansion something WXYZ is truly doing? If so, you can add the Detroit market to the slowly-growing list of markets with newscasts with 4 AM start times.

• Like 3

So a few news and notes from KGTV:

*Weekend AM anchor Robert Santos left the station today after 8 years. It seems like his contract was not renewed since he used that old b.s. excuse of having some time to do things that " I want to do." and said that he was staying in the area.

Well what do we have here... another refugee, I mean freelancer rescued by KNSD now. Let's see what happens to Robert with this gig.

20171106_165357.thumb.jpg.6c462321522b6cef8a5888a8b717d777.jpg

• Like 6

For as much as I (We) bag on KGTV...I want to take a little time out and point out they actually do some steller reporting sometimes....

One bad actor off the streets of San Diego.

http://www.10news.com/news/uc-san-diego-student-arrested-after-laundry-room-panty-thefts

I smell an Emmy.

(yup...i did)

• Like 1