Scripps - General Discussion

ns8401
Message added by Weeters,

Thread Note: Since Scripps has indicated they intend to run ION Media as a separate entity from their existing (mostly) news-producing stations, ION discussion has been relocated to a new thread.

At one point, when Tribune acquired This TV from Weigel, they would wait for the contract from a competing station in the market to expire. And then after that, it would be move it to the Tribune-owned station.

KIAH doesn't carry This TV because KPRC is carrying it. And KSL is carrying This TV, instead of KSTU.

So if the Lighthouse wants those diginets (the one that they don't have) on their air, they would likely have to wait until contracts expire.

• Like 1

Even more KJRH news.

Longtime sports director Al Jerkens is retiring Thursday after 34 years working in Brookside. They'll be running tributes all week.

http://www.kjrh.com/sports/salute-to-big-al-jerkens-kjrh-sports-director-to-retire-after-34-years

This actually leaves Channel 2 with only one on-air sportscaster in Cayden McFarland.

• 2 weeks later...
While I've complained about FTVLive they do get some dirt.

For instance WRTV parked their livetruck to cover a funeral of a police officer one Friday at an arena and seemingly forgot about it until the arena called them the next Wednesday.

Well they kept that secret from the GM and ND for 5 days...

I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation.

I bet an intern is involved somewhere...somehow.

Now what would be really funny is if they found it with the windows down, and unlocked....

Even funnier....

Mast still up.

Ouch.

Ok......

still funnier.....

300 feet of coax still on the ground.

• Like 2

That's funny, but sad. I guarantee my city would have towed the truck within 12 hours.

Heck, not that long ago KCTV left a camera inside a box at a downtown location at night, and the bomb squad blew it up the next morning.

• Like 2

That's funny, but sad. I guarantee my city would have towed the truck within 12 hours.

Heck, not that long ago KCTV left a camera inside a box at a downtown location at night, and the bomb squad blew it up the next morning.

Ouchy! I hope it was the sports dept camera they blew up.

• Like 6

The fact that people run in here every couple months with "I THINK SCRIPPS IS CHANGING THEIR PACKAGE!!!!!" only to found out that other stations have been doing the same thing for months or years, is testament to how many options this package makes available to stations.

• Like 3

At one point, when Tribune acquired This TV from Weigel, they would wait for the contract from a competing station in the market to expire. And then after that, it would be move it to the Tribune-owned station.

So if the Lighthouse wants those diginets (the one that they don't have) on their air, they would likely have to wait until contracts expire.

This doesn't explain why WMLW is still carrying This four years after Tribune took over. Did Tribune and Weigel just literally forget about its existence in Milwaukee and they keep forgetting to move it to WITI? :p

The fact that people run in here every couple months with "I THINK SCRIPPS IS CHANGING THEIR PACKAGE!!!!!" only to found out that other stations have been doing the same thing for months or years, is testament to how many options this package makes available to stations.

I wonder if it's the most versatile package out there?

• Like 1

This doesn't explain why WMLW is still carrying This four years after Tribune took over. Did Tribune and Weigel just literally forget about its existence in Milwaukee and they keep forgetting to move it to WITI? :p

Now I'm wondering whether KIAH in Houston would acquire This TV, since they're only a handful of Tribune stations that don't carry it along with WITI and WJW.

From KPRC's FCC ownership report, it looks like their carriage deal expires next month. Not sure if they've renewed it with the station or not.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just purely speculation from my part, but it seems like The NOW will be misplaced in San Diego. I just saw a promo for Dateline yesterday, which will be airing at 3PM. On their website, their inactive RightThisMinute page has a header saying the show airs at 4PM: http://www.10news.com/entertainment/right-this-minute

Wonder what's happening at KGTV.

Just purely speculation from my part, but it seems like The NOW will be misplaced in San Diego. I just saw a promo for Dateline yesterday, which will be airing at 3PM. On their website, their inactive RightThisMinute page has a header saying the show airs at 4PM: http://www.10news.com/entertainment/right-this-minute

Wonder what's happening at KGTV.

Appears to be a mistake or old page. TV listings two weeks out show it still at 4. (http://www.10news.com/entertainment/tv-listings) And Dateline? On ABC? At 3pm? No....

• Like 1

Appears to be a mistake or old page. TV listings two weeks out show it still at 4. (http://www.10news.com/entertainment/tv-listings) And Dateline? On ABC? At 3pm? No....

They'll be airing the syndicated version of Dateline, since they've been showing promos for it for the last few weeks. It will be on at 3pm. So it seems like what tvtime07 posted is correct.