WPLG debuts new set

Action Newsroom

WPLG debuted a new set this week. It looks very unique and not like the other sets of the stations in the market...or any other news set in this country. Looks more like something on CNN or Fox or MSNBC. Here's more from NewscastStudio.

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2014/07/30/miami-station-debuts-bold-new-set/

Wow, that's sweeping. It looks excellent and incredibly modern, definitely national quality.

I'm betting Devlin on this set. I'm immediately reminded of KSAZ. They're doing an excellent job of late.

Wow, nice set. This has to be a Sabca set. I can see Devlin hints in there but it just feels like a Sabca set.

Also I checked this link for the set: www.local10.com/news/we-want-to-let-you-in-on-a-local-10-news-secret/27213300d

I refuse to give NewscastStudio any page views...

I like it, although I agree the desk looks weird. I have been wondering when WDIV is going to get a new set. Their current one is from 2008. It would be cool to see them build something like this there.

I like it, although I agree the desk looks weird. I have been wondering when WDIV is going to get a new set. Their current one is from 2008. It would be cool to see them build something like this there.

Hey at least you guys have an actual set. KSAT still has a damn green screen and they just moved in to their brand new building. I want a set like WPLG's here but I don't think it's happening.

Hey at least you guys have an actual set. KSAT still has a damn green screen and they just moved in to their brand new building. I want a set like WPLG's here but I don't think it's happening.

Isn't KSAT 12 moving into a new building? Do they plan to have an actual set in the new building?

Reminds me of the three BBC News sets in new Broadcasting House. All they need is a RossVideo camera track and they'd be set.

I find it surprising that the replaced their old set, which debuted in 2009, so soon. Five years is still young. Aside from that it appears circular or round sets seem to be en vogue lately.

Isn't KSAT 12 moving into a new building? Do they plan to have an actual set in the new building?

They're already in their new building and it looks like they just moved the setup from the old building into the new. Everything looks exactly the same as before.

Wow. What an amazing set! Definitely gives off a European feel to it. The weather "center" seemed to be a complete after thought and based on the time lapse it seemed as if they actually had quite a bit of room left in the studio that they could have used. The new digs are great for wide shots. Channel 10 rarely seemed to do wide shots of the "stain glass set" and it seemed to me like the weather center too was rarely ever seen on air.

I don't like it.

European sets are for Europe. A country that has nothing to contribute to society and a region that doesn't give a rats ass about its history or heritage.

It's now happening here in the States. A pitiful move if you asked me. Maybe Warren could fire all the Miami talent and add British anchors instead. That'd be something.

Reminds me of the three BBC News sets in new Broadcasting House. All they need is a RossVideo camera track and they'd be set.

I find it surprising that the replaced their old set, which debuted in 2009, so soon. Five years is still young. Aside from that it appears circular or round sets seem to be en vogue lately.

No please not! What would be next - broadcast in PAL?

I don't like it.

European sets are for Europe. A country that has nothing to contribute to society and a region that doesn't give a rats ass about its history or heritage.

Europe. A country. Really. I seem to recall learning in elementary geography the Europe was an in entire continent. Please, do tell, what is capitol of this magical country known as Europe?

Also... They don't value their history. Interesting. I also recall learning in elementary world history that Europe (the continent, mind you, not the country -which doesn't appear on any map that I've ever seen) was creating history a thousand years before they decided to cross a vast ocean in search of a shortcut to Asia (is that a country too?).

I mean I realize you are of the wingnut vein, so science and facts are obviously as foreign to you as the truth. But I didn't realize you were so bald-faced proud of your lack of intelligence.

I probably shouldn't be since that is the hallmark of today's wingnut caucus.

Europe. A country. Really. I seem to recall learning in elementary geography the Europe was an in entire continent. Please, do tell, what is capitol of this magical country known as Europe?

Also... They don't value their history. Interesting. I also recall learning in elementary world history that Europe (the continent, mind you, not the country -which doesn't appear on any map that I've ever seen) was creating history a thousand years before they decided to cross a vast ocean in search of a shortcut to Asia (is that a country too?).

I mean I realize you are of the wingnut vein, so science and facts are obviously as foreign to you as the truth. But I didn't realize you were so bald-faced proud of your lack of intelligence.

I probably shouldn't be since that is the hallmark of today's wingnut caucus.

Not only that but we tear down buildings after 40 years for new ones... theirs have lasted for how long? There is no comparison between their very old infrastructure that is history in itself and our throwaway culture that makes everything history.

Archived