Sinclair Broadcast Group - General Discussion

Smitha A

It doesn't really shock me that somehow Sinclair would buy a show about Hot Wheels for their kids block...and then forget to keep the Hot Wheels commercials out of the Hot Wheels show!

And this isn't like those cases with syndicators and Kids WB where it was mostly inadvertent and good faith just forgot to get the ad out, before broadcast automation let you see an entire log for a show. Sinclair was the producer and distributor and 100% screwed up here.

This also ensnared Nexstar, but again, they have the logs and could've easily blocked them out, but just didn't. It's no wonder kid's broadcast TV doesn't go anywhere near toy franchises any longer.

• Like 1

It's an outdated rule Sinclair & Nexstar should take The FCC to court and not pay the fine either I wouldn't if I owned either Sinclair or Nexstar. And if I was on The FCC I'd have voted for no fine Jessica abused her power as she knows this clearly is an outdated rule that needs to go like the DINO. And I blame this rule why there is no Sat morning cartoons on FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, The CW anymore I know even if the outdated rule does go bye, bye, bye broadcast isn't going to air Sat morning cartoons. Which Sat morning cartoons would be better than the nature/E/I crap that no one watches.