Sinclair Broadcast Group - General Discussion

1 hour ago, TheRob said:

Rumor is SBG stations were hit with another cyber attack this weekend. I don't know if it will affect newscasts.

Word is via the Discord server it has impacted a few of the Sunday morning news here's what some of the Sinclair stations are addressing this 

Radars such as WWMT and WNWO have been down too and when I checked the website I couldn't access the full blown radar only the interactive radar was accessible. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The second transmitter is probably irrelevant, especially since WICD is pretty much a total satellite of WICS now with no original content other than ids and maybe some ads.   The "Code Red"

Let's all understand something about TV...   When you go on the air and trash your employer, it's policies or practices ...EXPECT a bad outcome.   You may not agree, but they sign

There's no way this goes further than a few months. Some of these stations have been carrying double-blocks of The Simpsons, Friends, Family Guy, and Seinfeld in these timeslots since the minute they

Posted Images

In Mobile/Pensacola:

WEAR is in their 10pm newscast without breaks and graphics. Lots of weather segments and national packages (clearly being played from YouTube as you can see the play controls pop up in the beginning)  As soon as the news was over, the station went to the Charge! feed.

WPMI is in Sunday Night Football...may just be the network feed from NBC.

WFGX and WJTC are both in the Charge! feed.  Normally it's WEAR 3.3.

All of the subchannels are up and running, except for Dabl on 44.3.

They had a pretty bad local meltdown a few months ago (unrelated) that basically took down the Master Control hub in Pensacola that controls all 4 stations for a few hours.  Just network and studio feeds, with a slate otherwise.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:48 PM, JCB4TV said:

Probably, but Scripps is already in all three of these markets.

WTWC/WTLF could go to Nexstar or Cox (other stations in that area are either owned by Scripps or Gray)  , WXLV can go to Scripps (other 3 stations in that area are Hearst/Tegna/and Nexstar) , and KDNL (if they get serious about a news department) could be great for Hearst.

2 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

In Mobile/Pensacola:

WEAR is in their 10pm newscast without breaks and graphics. Lots of weather segments and national packages (clearly being played from YouTube as you can see the play controls pop up in the beginning)  As soon as the news was over, the station went to the Charge! feed.

WPMI is in Sunday Night Football...may just be the network feed from NBC.

WFGX and WJTC are both in the Charge! feed.  Normally it's WEAR 3.3.

All of the subchannels are up and running, except for Dabl on 44.3.

They had a pretty bad local meltdown a few months ago (unrelated) that basically took down the Master Control hub in Pensacola that controls all 4 stations for a few hours.  Just network and studio feeds, with a slate otherwise.

WPMI has been experiencing major technical difficulties here's an example of one of the tweets I came across regarding WPMI 

6 hours ago, dman748 said:

WPMI has been experiencing major technical difficulties here's an example of one of the tweets I came across regarding WPMI 

Sounds like they are only able to air the raw network feeds.  A telltale sign of that for NBC is that when a local break is supposed to happen, you'll see black, then a color-changing NBC peacock with the occasional NBC sounder.

KEYE/Austin prerecorded the 10p news Sunday, presumably to avoid an on-air dumpster fire. They were open and told viewers it was prerecorded because of technical difficulties. The news segment was recorded at a different time than the weather segment so the news anchor and met were never on camera together. No L3s, no prompter, no opens. 

This morning, still no L3s, prompter or opens. They have weather graphics and commercials are running. No traffic maps. Assuming they’re affected too. 

Last newscast captured by NewsOn was Saturday at 10p.

FTVLive is reporting Sinclair’s master control systems are now not able to ingest new content which, he predicts, could mean some stations go completely black if this isn’t resolved soon. 

I was streaming the NFL games yesterday on Paramount+ via WRGB and there were no local commercials, they all just showed the CBS slate. I was wondering why that was, and this must have been why. Right around 7:30 ET in the final minutes of the DAL/NE game, it cut away from the game and went to the CBSN stream until 60 Minutes started. I thought that was a Paramount Plus issue but maybe it was also related to this (I saw people on Twitter who had the same issue with the KEYE on Paramount+ and Hulu Live).

ETA: Streaming the station now, it's CBS Mornings instead of Kelly and Ryan. Then as of 10am, just color bars with the text "NEW YORK TX" instead of Let's Make a Deal.

Edited by ScottJ