Sinclair Broadcast Group - General Discussion

Smitha A

You know what? At this point, I'm tired of coming back to political tv threads just to be branded as insane! Well as Apple once said, here's to the crazy ones bitches!!!

But seriously, it's easy to say that sinclair is acting like a bully and a baby to the critics, but once you get called insane so many times, ignoring that shit just makes it even worse!!!

And I never thought I'd have the displeasure of saying this but, Sinclair has to grow. Every fucking station group does nowadays thanks to digital media (including Youtube and Netflix)! And sinclair has balls that most other station groups dont have.

Trust me, I dont like that station group either, but they're a necessary evil if we want to win this culture war against modern day leftists (especially against Antifa). Actually, I take that sentence back. Sinclair isn't that neccessary anymore with local tv slowly but surely dying off and the viewers that are still watching slowly dying off with it. And besides, I wouldn't be caught dead with Bill O'Riley anywhere with me anyway. No. Instead, the Youtube skeptic community such as Sargon of Akkad, James Allsup, and Lauren Southern, are quite possibly our last hope in winning this culture war.

Look, I dont try to hide my biases like the media often does, and sometimes even sinclair in painfully obvious ways. In fact, by now since I said it far too many times, it should be clear what my biases are and there really is no such thing as truly unbiased journalism despite what people think.

Again, people will more that likely think I'm a fucking wacko but, here's to the fucking wackos shitheads!!!

Sorry, I sort of got carried away here, but my points still stand.

• Like 1

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this will come to fruition. Penny-pinching or not, landing O'Reilly and/or Hannity would be a major coup for Sinclair. They'll begrudgingly fork over the cash for them if it means they'll bring in the viewers/money with them.

Watch for FOX and Sinclair to start locking horns in the coming years.

• Like 1

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this will come to fruition. Penny-pinching or not, landing O'Reilly and/or Hannity would be a major coup for Sinclair. They'll begrudgingly fork over the cash for them if it means they'll bring in the viewers/money with them.

Watch for FOX and Sinclair to start locking horns in the coming years.

But not before Sinclair changes their name to Reichs-Rundfunk-Gesellschaft first.

• Like 4

I highly doubt that Sinclair will pick up either Hannity or O'Reilly. These guys have egos the size of Jupiter and will demand a salary to match that ego. There is no way Sinclair's penny pinching bosses will shell out that kind of money for these two.

They'll just turn WGN America into a rerun heavy channel with programming acquired on the cheap.

I think they could find a way. Where else would O'Reilly go if he's demanding lots of cash? None of the big boy networks will hire him. Sinclair probably has the most amount of cash of any of the bottom feeders who would actually want him.

Personally, i'd go for the Putin Media Service/America or PMS America

That already exists. It's called RT (Russia Today), which gets just as much criticism here by some in the corporate media - if not more - as Al Jazeera (aka the "terrorist news network" as people call it).

• Like 1

But not before Sinclair changes their name to Reichs-Rundfunk-Gesellschaft first.

That already exists. It's called RT (Russia Today), which gets just as much criticism here by some in the corporate media - if not more - as Al Jazeera (aka the "terrorist news network" as people call it).

I'm aware about RT-- Most people aren't even aware that it's Putin's/Russia propaganda outlet.

Which is why I came up with Putin Media Service, to make it abundantly clear who the Sinclairians hope to model their new network off of.

Goebbels' radio ministry that fueled propaganda, agitprop and fascist doctrine never called themselves "Nazi Radio" but Reichs-Rundfunk-Gesellschaft (literally, the "Reich Broadcasting Corporation"). The USSR didn't called their state newspaper "Soviet News Only Today," but Pravda.

Same with today's Russia - RT and Sputnik are not going to call themselves the Putin News Service. And Sinclair won't do that either, even with their predilection to Russia and their employment of Osama bin Epshteyn.

Boris has responded. Here now, the "rebuttal":

First of all. I've never seen a worst teleprompter reader in my life. No wonder this man never became Press Secretary. I hear that Sean Spicer is available to replace Boris and he'd be welcomed to.

Terrorism is nonsense. Terrorism is an emotion. It's like having a news desk for Happiness. But when have you seen profit made in the aftermath of happiness? This is fear-mongering to get people to misplace their judgement and get an advantage.

Truly these are attacks and it wouldn't sound as good if they noted every mass shooting that has happened versus perpetrated by certain minorities.

• Like 3

You know what? At this point, I'm tired of coming back to political tv threads just to be branded as insane! Well as Apple once said, here's to the crazy ones bitches!!!

But seriously, it's easy to say that sinclair is acting like a bully and a baby to the critics, but once you get called insane so many times, ignoring that shit just makes it even worse!!!

And I never thought I'd have the displeasure of saying this but, Sinclair has to grow. Every fucking station group does nowadays thanks to digital media (including Youtube and Netflix)! And sinclair has balls that most other station groups dont have.

Trust me, I dont like that station group either, but they're a necessary evil if we want to win this culture war against modern day leftists (especially against Antifa). Actually, I take that sentence back. Sinclair isn't that neccessary anymore with local tv slowly but surely dying off and the viewers that are still watching slowly dying off with it. And besides, I wouldn't be caught dead with Bill O'Riley anywhere with me anyway. No. Instead, the Youtube skeptic community such as Sargon of Akkad, James Allsup, and Lauren Southern, are quite possibly our last hope in winning this culture war.

Look, I dont try to hide my biases like the media often does, and sometimes even sinclair in painfully obvious ways. In fact, by now since I said it far too many times, it should be clear what my biases are and there really is no such thing as truly unbiased journalism despite what people think.

Again, people will more that likely think I'm a fucking wacko but, here's to the fucking wackos shitheads!!!

Sorry, I sort of got carried away here, but my points still stand.

Y'all here we go again with this.

• Like 6

Dude. He posts these on YouTube.

You really think Republicans watch John Oliver? Please. They've been spoonfed by the usual suspects, namely Fox News, Rush and Lumpy, etc., to disregard anything he says - or anything said by his contemporaries - as "fake news."

Oliver only has one specific audience, and that's liberal Democrats. Sad, but true.

• Like 4

All this Sinclair-Tribune nonsense makes me yearn for the days when Nexstar-MG was happening and the worst I thought would be "Local 27 WKBN", epic cuts, and "myvalleyisproud.com." Say what you will about Nexstar, but at least they don't try to sway sides in a not-so-subtly way compared to GO Media*.

*New name I came up for Sinclair. the GO means "Grand Ole".

• Like 4

You really think Republicans watch John Oliver?

Oliver only has one specific audience, and that's liberal Democrats. Sad, but true.

And those liberals are way too busy chasing fake news Russian spooks...

Boo!

• Like 1

You really think Republicans watch John Oliver? Please. They've been spoonfed by the usual suspects, namely Fox News, Rush and Lumpy, etc., to disregard anything he says - or anything said by his contemporaries - as "fake news."

You assume that people in this country are only conservative Republicans or liberal Democrats. What about people who are neither? Are they capable of watching Oliver even though they're not liberal Democrats?

• Like 5

You assume that people in this country are only conservative Republicans or liberal Democrats. What about people who are neither? Are they capable of watching Oliver even though they're not liberal Democrats?

Those people don't hold any positions of relevant power. The Republican rank-and-file purged all of their moderate legislators seven years ago in the latest of multiple purity waves buoyed by Fox News and talk radio rhetoric.

• Like 1

Those people don't hold any positions of relevant power. The Republican rank-and-file purged all of their moderate legislators seven years ago in the latest of multiple purity waves buoyed by Fox News and talk radio rhetoric.

Oh, you're talking about legislators. I was talking about voters.

• Like 1

Oh, you're talking about legislators. I was talking about voters.

Even still, you're hard pressed to find a legitimate moderate on either party. They've been deeply calcified over the past few decades and will continue to do so.

• Like 1

So after forty-three months of sitting idle, the FCC has finally greenlighted WPFO's deal to Cunningham.

This deal was sat idle, after former FCC chairman Tom Wheeler issued a guidance to scrutinize deals that had sharing arrangements. That guidance was removed by current chairman Ajit Pai.

Okay, so check this out.

Back last Thursday (7/27), the minority equity owners of the Corporate Media Consultants Group (owners of WPFO) filed a petition of reconsideration, stating they were unaware about the proposed transaction that occured back in 2013. They're basically saying that they weren't told that the station was being sold, and they just now finding it out (7/24), and have asked the FCC to rescind the 6/23 grant of the deal.

I'm not sure how they're going to do it. The consummation notice was posted tonight, stating the deal was closed on Tuesday (8/1).

• 3 weeks later...