Sinclair Broadcast Group - General Discussion

Smitha A

Man, don't you hate it when asshats park their big trucks across multiple spaces? ;)

And those same asshats are too afraid to send that truck to a hurricane...or a wildfire.

Why?

"Because it might get broken."

Parking asshat meets corporate asshat.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

On Tuesday (October 16), Sinclair announced it had signed a deal with Jukin Media to assume operational responsibilities for the TBD network, effective immediately. Under the deal, Jukin content will be expanded on TBD's schedule (the network currently airs three half-hour programs from the company, This Week in Fails [from its FailArmy unit], While You Were [from its JukinVideo unit] and Best of the Week [which features short-form content from Jukin's various properties]).

It's not clear, though, whether such an expansion will encompass a replacement block of short-form videos to fill the time periods previously programmed by The QYOU until QYOU Media and Sinclair terminated their content agreement on September 13 (the aforementioned Jukin-produced shows replaced the QYOU blocks featured on TBD's late night/early morning lineup; movies already in the network's inventory filled daytime and early evening slots formerly occupied by the QYOU-branded blocks).

Edited by T.L. Hughes

I’m at my limit for The New Yorker but they have an article titled “The Growth of Sinclair’s Conservative Media Empire”.

Here’s what Kyle Griffin (an MSNBC producer that you should follow for all the news of the day) tweeted out:

[MEDIA=twitter]1053662120758263808[/MEDIA]

Edit: I copied this post to Out and About to try my moderator powers and see how the copy post feature worked.

Edited by rkolsen

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 11:43 PM, ColDayNews said:

The Dayton duopoly is phasing in the WBFF look.

I’ve caught some elements of it during WRGT’s weather forecast.

So far it seems as if the rollouts is only limited to things like the Weather graphics, etc. What's the reasoning behind all of that?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

So far it seems as if the rollouts is only limited to things like the Weather graphics, etc. What's the reasoning behind all of that?

To piggyback on that, did Sinclair ever mandate a standard graphics switching system for their stations? I remember seeing that the lack of one was partially the reason why the Glass/Curves look had such an uneven and prolonged rollout.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Myron Falwell said:

To piggyback on that, did Sinclair ever mandate a standard graphics switching system for their stations? I remember seeing that the lack of one was partially the reason why the Glass/Curves look had such an uneven and prolonged rollout.

This is what happens when a company like Sinclair gets too big for its bridges. They can't even roll out a graphics package correctly

Edited by oknewsguy
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

This is what happens when a company like Sinclair gets too big for its bridges. They can't even roll out a graphics package correctly

Bridges???

"We don't need to show you no stinking bridges!"

Edited by Eat News
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mre29 said:

I wonder why they singled out those four stations.

All of them seem to serve some part of Virginia so they could likely try to cluster a case of lack of basic community service.

Edited by mrschimpf

On 11/26/2018 at 7:27 PM, Myron Falwell said:

I don’t think they do. However when they rolled out the flags in the lower third an email posted on FTVLive said it would be done remotely. That being said someone here said they were just given the Adobe Premiere files and to make it work.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KentBrockman said:

Business Insider has a story today about how Sinclair required some of their stations to air a must-run story about condoning the use of tear gas on migrants.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/sinclair-group-tv-stations-air-must-run-anti-migrant-rant-2018-11

Par for the course. This doesn't surprise me at all at this point.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2018 at 10:11 AM, KentBrockman said:

Business Insider has a story today about how Sinclair required some of their stations to air a must-run story about condoning the use of tear gas on migrants.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/sinclair-group-tv-stations-air-must-run-anti-migrant-rant-2018-11

And now, Sinclair is attempting - not believably - to distance themselves from Boris Epshteyn's commentary piece about the migrant tear gassings at the Tijuana border checkpoint, amid heavy criticism and a statement by the National Association of Hispanic Journalists disclosing it is reconsidering allowing Sinclair representatives to attend the organization's job recruitment events. A tweet by Sinclair representatives used the standard-bear response of broadcasters that the opinions "do not reflect the views of Sinclair Broadcast Group.” It's less believable in this case, given that the defense of using tear gas to deter migrants from entering the border has been espoused by other conservative media outlets, including by guests who have discussed this issue on Fox News, with no attempt at distancing.

1 hour ago, T.L. Hughes said:

And now, Sinclair is attempting - not believably - to distance themselves from Boris Epshteyn's commentary piece about the migrant tear gassings at the Tijuana border checkpoint, amid heavy criticism and a statement by the National Association of Hispanic Journalists disclosing it is reconsidering allowing Sinclair representatives to attend the organization's job recruitment events. A tweet by Sinclair representatives used the standard-bear response of broadcasters that the opinions "do not reflect the views of Sinclair Broadcast Group.” It's less believable in this case, given that the defense of using tear gas to deter migrants from entering the border has been espoused by other conservative media outlets, including by guests who have discussed this issue on Fox News, with no attempt at distancing.

You can't with these people. At first this was a soap opera, then this veered into Telenovela territory....and then sitcom territory......and now I think we've reached animated sitcom about a dumbass idiot territory

39 minutes ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

You can't with these people. At first this was a soap opera, then this veered into Telenovela territory....and then sitcom territory......and now I think we've reached animated sitcom about a dumbass idiot territory

Sinclair has become a four-letter word in professional journalism. I think they are having trouble filling a lot of jobs due to lack of interest. I don't think ANYONE believes them...this is pure damage control and nothing else. Probably getting smackdowns from Cordillera, and presumably Cox, are hurting their feelings as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

Sinclair has become a four-letter word in professional journalism. I think they are having trouble filling a lot of jobs due to lack of interest. I don't think ANYONE believes them...this is pure damage control and nothing else. Probably getting smackdowns from Cordillera, and presumably Cox, are hurting their feelings as well.

2 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

The day that the FCC forces Sinclair to sell the stations or face losing its license to broadcast will be the day in which EVERYONE on TVNT will rejoice! (On top of that the ALJ has been sitting on the Sinclair misconduct case doing nothing about it THREE months after Tribune terminated deal tells me that Sinclair doesn't plan on, nor do they care to resolve those misrepresentation issues)

EDIT: I forgot that the ACA is wanting the FCC to look at Sinclair's license early, I think there's a very good possibility of that happening.

Edited by oknewsguy

3 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

That's not fair. Usually the dumbass idiot is still somewhat likeable.

More like Sinclair has gone from the Washington Times to Breitbart and Infowars....

On 11/26/2018 at 5:31 PM, oknewsguy said:

Probably being phased in when either software or hardware changes are made with the WX Central or Baron systems.  These systems are much more standardized than the various CG systems throughout the company, and the base graphics are often pre-loaded.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, T.L. Hughes said:

You also forgot to mention their tweets which said "We also offer our stations reporting from the Beltway and beyond that are not partisan or bias in any way." And "we are committed to fair, unbiased journalism".

You would think their PR department would have something more believable by now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WeAreSinclair/status/1067926594818199552

Edited by Mrtraveler01
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Mrtraveler01 said:

You also forgot to mention their tweets which said "We also offer our stations reporting from the Beltway and beyond that are not partisan or bias in any way." And "we are committed to fair, unbiased journalism".

You would think their PR department would have something more believable by now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WeAreSinclair/status/1067926594818199552

But of course, this is Sinclair were talking about here and do they make ANYTHING close to believable? No they don't