Sinclair Broadcast Group - General Discussion

Smitha A

Regarding Mark Hyman, now is not the time for jokes. A brain tumor is extremely serious.

Joking about content is one thing, but about a well-being of someone else is a whole other game. Wishing good thoughts.

Agree 100%. But how is this different than joking about a nuclear disaster in Hawaii or any other disaster like the Vegas shooting? It’s not, yet no one sounds a peep when a certain poster makes those jokes.

• Like 5

Joking about content is one thing, but about a well-being of someone else is a whole other game. Wishing good thoughts.

"We are Gentlemen...

But we are Englishmen... first."

"We shall fight to the death for our convictions...yet observe all the traditions of a modern society".

Churchhill

• Like 1

I hate Mark Hyman and his views and his must-run segment. I've always wanted that to go off-air...

But not this way. Not when he's suffering from a brain tumor. I wish him all the best in his recovery. I don't wish on that to anyone, no matter how evil they may be.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/2/1/sinclair-wants-employees-contribute-to-their-pac

Color me shocked.......not. Something told me that they would do something like this.

Don't be shocked...

The broadcasting labor unions do the exact same thing 10X over by requesting the members to donate to various democratic pacs.

It happens during every election cycle and has occurred in one form or another for decades.

• Like 3

TIL Sinclair has a PAC. They asked their executive staff — including, as a result, their local NDs — to contribute to it. Woof.

Sinclair Broadcast Group PAC broke for Republicans 2-to-1 in the 2016 cycle, according to data from OpenSecrets.

Its funding primarily comes from the Smith family and other Sinclair executives and their families. The contributions are to congressional candidates — no presidential donations.

• Like 1

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/2/1/sinclair-wants-employees-contribute-to-their-pac

Color me shocked.......not. Something told me that they would do something like this.

This isn't a big deal in my mind. Many companies have PACs and just because Sinclair leans right it becomes a big deal. I guarantee if any of you work for any large corporation like Sinclair (broadcasting or not), they will have a PAC of their own that they will want you to donate to.

I'm not a huge fan of Sinclair but nobody can seem to give them a break. I guarantee if any left-leaning broadcaster did this nobody would give a da*n.

• Like 2

This isn't a big deal in my mind. Many companies have PACs and just because Sinclair leans right it becomes a big deal. I guarantee if any of you work for any large corporation like Sinclair (broadcasting or not), they will have a PAC of their own that they will want you to donate to.

I'm not a huge fan of Sinclair but nobody can seem to give them a break. I guarantee if any left-leaning broadcaster did this nobody would give a da*n.

It's still a problem. Corporate PACs aren't surprising, and I get that Sinclair is subject to certain sorts of federal regulations that it might want to lobby for.

The NDs should never have received this email, though.

• Like 1

No media/broadcasting corporation should, directly or indirectly, have a PAC and/or ask their employees to contribute to said PAC regardless of political affiliation. While it may seem like people are piling on Sinclair; believe me that they would be just as critical if this was Comcast, AT&T, Disney, etc...doing the same thing.

• Like 2

No media/broadcasting corporation should, directly or indirectly, have a PAC and/or ask their employees to contribute to said PAC regardless of political affiliation. While it may seem like people are piling on Sinclair; believe me that they would be just as critical if this was Comcast, AT&T, Disney, etc...doing the same thing.

Like labor unions do?