Sinclair Broadcast Group - General Discussion

Smitha A

John Oliver did a segment about the company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf-NlMoBD9s

I've always been curious how they're able to access news segments from seemingly every TV station in the country.

Here is the whole segment which was the main segment of the night and is 19 minutes long.

• Like 5

Volicon.

If you're not familiar with it, ask your sales or traffic department.

Also TVEyes.

I think Volicon is more local recording. Where TVEyes actually records stations from all markets plus international channels,

• Like 1

Sinclair's Chief Political Analyst (and former Trump Campaign Resident Russian) Boris Epshteyn will get his thrice per week must-run segments increased to nine airings a week, per POLITICO. It is also reported that the segments will be "billboarded" aka sponsored, but "will not be sponsored content" says Sinclair.

I'm not a fan of the must-runs, and granted, I also avoid news-broadcasting Sinclair stations like the plague*, but it's within the perogative of the station group, clearly. But, of all their must runs, Boris gets a nine-time airing? Why not their beloved Mark Hyman? Or better yet, daily Terrorism Watch Desk reports?

*except when I was in Pensacola for eight months. I had to force myself to watch WPMI as an alternative to WALA

Sinclair's Chief Political Analyst (and former Trump Campaign Resident Russian) Boris Epshteyn will get his thrice per week must-run segments increased to nine airings a week, per POLITICO. It is also reported that the segments will be "billboarded" aka sponsored, but "will not be sponsored content" says Sinclair.

And feckless Aljti I. M. Paid Off will accept a few hundred from the Smith Clan and expedite the Tribune takeover even more quickly.

I've always been curious how they're able to access news segments from seemingly every TV station in the country.

Here is the whole segment which was the main segment of the night and is 19 minutes long.

Boris has responded. Here now, the "rebuttal":

• Like 3

Sinclair needs to die as a company and more.

How does Sinclair "die?" It can't. It won't. You and I all know that dirty little secret.

Even if a group manages to force all advertisers to boycott from any and all Sinclair news programming indefinitely, Sinclair would fill the airtime with political ads, especially in battleground states.

They'll have their cult to further brainwash the John Q. Bumpkins of the world, and be an imposing terminal cancer on this country, like Fox News and talk radio were.

• Like 5

Boris has responded. Here now, the "rebuttal":

Is that the old "News Central" set he's using? It might as well be, since Sinclair is that cheap.

How does Sinclair "die?" It can't. It won't. You and I all know that dirty little secret.

Even if a group manages to force all advertisers to boycott from any and all Sinclair news programming indefinitely, Sinclair would fill the airtime with political ads, especially in battleground states.

They'll have their cult to further brainwash the John Q. Bumpkins of the world, and be an imposing terminal cancer on this country, like Fox News and talk radio were.

They'll make a list of all advertisers that ONLY buy Fox News (like the gold peddlers) and try to get them to advertise on their stations.

Is that the old "News Central" set he's using? It might as well be, since Sinclair is that cheap.

He said he was coming from WJLA; there's an NC8 set there overused by all of SBG's must-carry segments and shows, including Armstrong William's weekend graveyard filler between Made in Hollywood and a real show called 3 Wide Life (at least in Milwaukee). He thinks it's impressive he's coming from Washington, but I'd be more impressed if a Sinclair host filmed a must-carry from KIMA in Yakima or one of their lower-market stations.

Sinclair is bragging about the "ratings growth" it has made by its must-run Sunday series "Full Measure With Sharyl Attkisson" (and some of the numbers they boast are hilariously bad!)

This is what literal 'fake news' is. Of course ratings are going to be up if you replace infomercials and E/I treacle (which Full Measure did) with a series with actual content. The painful 'this new show is up 400% over last year's time-slot filler, a test pattern' press releases are good for a laugh and little else.

• Like 7

He said he was coming from WJLA; there's an NC8 set there overused by all of SBG's must-carry segments and shows, including Armstrong William's weekend graveyard filler between Made in Hollywood and a real show called 3 Wide Life (at least in Milwaukee). He thinks it's impressive he's coming from Washington, but I'd be more impressed if a Sinclair host filmed a must-carry from KIMA in Yakima or one of their lower-market stations.

"3 Wide Life" is an E/I show (but not necessarily shown in E/I permitted time slots) produced by Sinclair executive Steve Pruett, and is aired by their stations gratis.

"3 Wide Life" is an E/I show (but not necessarily shown in E/I permitted time slots) produced by Sinclair executive Steve Pruett, and is aired by their stations gratis.

My Grandpa lived in a double wide for a few years. He would get pissed if we called it a "trailer".

He would always say...

"It's a coach"!

Then he would hit us and say...

"Go play on the 405...the 405 FREEWAY!"

• Like 3

Terrorism (in some ways) may not be nonsense, but Boris certainly is. And then some.

It's one thing to keep viewers aware of what's going on in the world with things like ISIS and stuff like that, it's another to create a segment with ominous looking graphics and music to instill fear into your viewers into thinking that Trump is the only one that can protect them.

And as Oliver pointed out, the fact that they use stories about the burka ban in France which has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism just shows how the segment is supposed to just be that "Muslims are scary".

That said, seems like Sinclair stations will be seeing more of him as they have increased the number of must run segments from 3 to 9. I'm sure the fact his Administration is plunging deeper into a crisis as this decision was made is a complete coincidence. That said, it doesn't seem wise to add segments from someone who is Russian as the Administration you're backing is involved in a controversy over how close its ties to Russia are.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/341336-sinclair-boosting-airtime-for-former-trump-official-epshteyn

• Like 2