Sinclair Broadcast Group - General Discussion

Smitha A

That'd actually be better than this Litton Entertainment/Steve Rotfield crap they have on now. At the very least, put some entertainment into the shows. The only Saturday morning show I like on any of the broadcast networks is CBS' The Inspectors. At least they're somewhat trying to be entertaining.

I understand this is a different era but still.

It's definitely looking better than the Litton E/I crap:

http://kidsclicktv.com/

http://www.toonbarn.com/other-cartoons/take-sneak-peek-shows-headed-kidsclick-new-network-tv-morning-cartoon-block/

The shows are a mix of old and new. Some of them are making their U.S. broadcast debuts. It's a little surprising. This looks like an actual effort at reviving Saturday (and weekday) morning cartoons by Sinclair.

• Like 2

Well at this point we'll just have to hope Sinclair ends up similar to the big banks during the Great Recession and becomes "too big to fail" and fails.

Won't happen, not when they control the lion's share of revenue in the industry and use their commanding reach as a weapon to persecute any political enemies.

A Sinclair-AT&T merger isn't far fetched.

It's definitely looking better than the Litton E/I crap:

http://kidsclicktv.com/

http://www.toonbarn.com/other-cartoons/take-sneak-peek-shows-headed-kidsclick-new-network-tv-morning-cartoon-block/

The shows are a mix of old and new. Some of them are making their U.S. broadcast debuts. It's a little surprising. This looks like an actual effort at reviving Saturday (and weekday) morning cartoons by Sinclair.

It pains me to admit this but that's actually pretty impressive.

Launch lineup of KidsClick that will air on Sinclair stations:

WEEKDAY SCHEDULE

6:00am - Sonic X

6:30am - Max Steel

7:00am - Angry Birds

7:30am - Miraculous LadyBug

8:00am - Rocket Monkeys

8:30am - Super 4

SATURDAY SCHEDULE

5:00am - Robocop Alpha Command

5:30am - Sonic X

6:00am - Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

6:30am - Scary Larry

1:00pm - The Pink Panther and Pals

1:30pm - Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

SUNDAY SCHEDULE

12:00pm - Robocop Alpha Command

12:30pm - Sonic X

1:00pm - Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

1:30pm - Scary Larry

2:00pm - The Pink Panther and Pals

2:30pm - Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

http://thecwtc.com/news/local/kidsclick

• Like 1

OMG...

That was so "G" rated...I fell off my little mermaid.

C'mon Falwell...

Bust out the good stuff...the stuff they used to show on Pee Wee's Playhouse...or Rudy and GoGo...

We know all you liberals keep a stash blue cartoons and bathtub gin hidden from the hired "help".

So after forty-three months of sitting idle, the FCC has finally greenlighted WPFO's deal to Cunningham.

This deal was sat idle, after former FCC chairman Tom Wheeler issued a guidance to scrutinize deals that had sharing arrangements. That guidance was removed by current chairman Ajit Pai.

Because of this approval, I wouldn't be surprised if that other idle deal, KRNV/KENV to Cunningham, get the greenlight as well.

Unrelated to this, it appears that Sinclair proper wants to buy KOMO-FM from South Sound Broadcasting outright.

• Like 2

So after forty-three months of sitting idle, the FCC has finally greenlighted WPFO's deal to Cunningham.

This deal was sat idle, after former FCC chairman Tom Wheeler issued a guidance to scrutinize deals that had sharing arrangements. That guidance was removed by current chairman Ajit Pai.

Because of this approval, I wouldn't be surprised if that other idle deal, KRNV/KENV to Cunningham, get the greenlight as well.

Unrelated to this, it appears that Sinclair proper wants to buy KOMO-FM from South Sound Broadcasting outright.

If that's the case I wonder which markets where both Sinclair and Tribune overlap could use Cunningham and/or Deerfield?

My prediction for such markets to have sharing agreements would be any market outside of Seattle, Salt Lake City, Oklahoma City, NEPA and St. Louis (For example in Portland they could use Deerfield to run KRCW in Portland and perhaps Cunningham to run WXMI in West Michigan and so on and so forth).

Harrisburg would be a toss up for me while both WHP and WPMT rank in the Top 4 the question is does the regulators feel that Sinclair has a case to use Deerfield/Cunningham to run WPMT? That decision is to be determined by antitrust regulators. (Same with any other market that Sinclair could try and use sidecards)

Just a precursor to Altji I. M. Paid Off taking a nice big kickback from the Smith Clan and allowing those quadopolies in Seattle and OKC and a triopoly in St. Louis.

• Like 1

apparently its not just Sinclair. THISTV is also getting kids click on stations not owned by sinclair. for example its coming to THISTV 40.2 owned and operated by the Fox affiliate KTXL in sacramento a tribune station. thats a sign that its going to exist on more stations than they actually plan to.

apparently its not just Sinclair. ThisTV is also getting KidsClick on stations not owned by Sinclair. For example its coming to ThisTV 40.2 owned and operated by the Fox affiliate KTXL in Sacramento, a Tribune station. Thats a sign that its going to exist on more stations than they actually plan to.

Sign? No. Part of the actual plan from the start? Yes.