Sinclair Broadcast Group - General Discussion

Smitha A

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sinclair-to-launch-kidsclick-multiplatform-programming-block-for-children-300449572.html

I didn't know whether to post this here or in the Sinclair/Tribune thread but better safe than sorry. If this means what I think it means, then Nexstar and Fox need to step it up with their bids.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sinclair-to-launch-kidsclick-multiplatform-programming-block-for-children-300449572.html

I didn't know whether to post this here or in the Sinclair/Tribune thread but better safe than sorry. If this means what I think it means, then Nexstar and Fox need to step it up with their bids.

I'm not sure the correlation between this news and their merger bid. Sinclair has partnered with (the rotted remains of) MGM for quite a few things now.

• Like 2

Antenna TV is on the local Tegna-owned station, which competes head to head with Sinclair in my market; it will be interesting to see if any affiliation switches for Antenna TV occur as a result. Sinclair is maxed out locally under ATSC 1.0 with its own diginets.

Then again, since WGME is one of Sinclair's more rebellious stations, if they are forced to divest that may be one of the first to go anyway.

• Like 1

Let me guess, they're gonna load up on the DHX/Cookie Jar library crap?

• Like 4

Sinclair obviously thinking that any publicity is good publicity, will consider this damning article to be a feather in their caps.

Speaking of which, is KOMO dead last in the market?

• Like 1

Sinclair obviously thinking that any publicity is good publicity, will consider this damning article to be a feather in their caps.

Speaking of which, is KOMO dead last in the market?

All I can find is this story about KIRO being #1 at 5pm and 11pm with KING not far behind at second.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/kiro-leads-the-5pm-newscast-for-first-time-in-a-decade/189292

http://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?701950-KIRO-1-in-Evening-News-Ratings-in-April

So at the most, KOMO is 3rd.

• Like 2

Let me guess, they're gonna load up on the DHX/Cookie Jar library crap?

That'd actually be better than this Litton Entertainment/Steve Rotfield crap they have on now. At the very least, put some entertainment into the shows. The only Saturday morning show I like on any of the broadcast networks is CBS' The Inspectors. At least they're somewhat trying to be entertaining.

I understand this is a different era but still.

• Like 2

Where does Oklahoma City stations rank in news ratings?

Without looking at the numbers, my educated guess is that it's a three way race between KFOR, KOCO, and KWTV, not necessary in that order. At this time, neither of them are promoting themselves as the market leader. Regardless, of the ratings, I believe that Sinclair will have to divest either KOKH/KOCB or KFOR/KAUT.

KIRO has leaped to #1 in the latest results.

That's what happens when a new McOwner takes over, slashes payroll, downgrades the on-air look and imposes opinion content that is totally out of touch with the market at large.

Without looking at the numbers, my educated guess is that it's a three way race between KFOR, KOCO, and KWTV, not necessary in that order. At this time, neither of them are promoting themselves as the market leader. Regardless, of the ratings, I believe that Sinclair will have to divest either KOKH/KOCB or KFOR/KAUT.

If you were running Sinclair and you had to make a decision to keep the lower rated KOKH or buy the higher rated KFOR which one should Sinclair do? Keep the lower rated KOKH and sell the higher rated KFOR or buy the higher rated KFOR and sell the lower rated KOKH?

• Like 1