Sinclair Broadcast Group - General Discussion

Smitha A

I saw this earlier this week. It appears that Sinclair has replaced its longtime "SBG" logo and placed its "SINCLAIR" in big letters on the header of its website. How uninspiring.

But the big shocker is that its shell Cunningham Broadcasting now has its own website, and it looks like Deerfield Media might be getting one too. But I'm thinking what's the point in making these website now?

I saw this earlier this week. It appears that Sinclair has replaced its longtime "SBG" logo and placed its "SINCLAIR" in big letters on the header of its website. How uninspiring.

But the big shocker is that its shell Cunningham Broadcasting now has its own website, and it looks like Deerfield Media might be getting one too. But I'm thinking what's the point in making these website now?

To be fair, the SBG logo was very "90s corporate". This is only slightly better.

http://cunninghambroadcasting.com/about-us/

"Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is an independent television broadcast company that, together with its subsidiaries, owns and/or operates 12 television stations in eleven markets across the United States. Cunningham, (formerly Glencairn, Ltd. prior to 2002) is a Maryland corporation and is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland."

*wink* *nod*

• Like 3

Nexstar: We're the biggest station group!

Sinclair: Oh yeah? Well we've got three shells. and they all have their own website!

• Like 4

Interesting that the Cunningham contact address is the same as WBFF. Not exactly the best impressions you would want to make to make it appear that they are seperate companies.

• Like 3

http://cunninghambroadcasting.com/about-us/

"Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is an independent television broadcast company that, together with its subsidiaries, owns and/or operates 12 television stations in eleven markets across the United States. Cunningham, (formerly Glencairn, Ltd. prior to 2002) is a Maryland corporation and is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland."

*wink* *nod*

When did they start operating WATM and WWCP? At last check, they never did.

They tried to, but I thought that sale fell through.

Th sale fell through after Wheeler issued that "JSA Guidance" srutinizing deals with sharing arrangements. And this was before the JSA attribution rule came about.

Because of the "Guidance", they figured that the deal wouldn't get the greenlight, so they backed out.

Of Sinclair's 173 stations, 93 will be repacked and 3 of them have been sold in the spectrum auction.

Other tidbits from their earnings call: The Comet diginet has been profitable for them since launch, and they expect to roll out ATSC 3.0 in 2018.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited-transcript-sbgi-earnings-conference-015439583.html

• Like 1