Sinclair Broadcast Group - General Discussion

Smitha A

I wonder if this has to do anything with what's going on in Ferguson? I'd imagine ABC could force their hand to start a news operation.

I would imagine the networks like having a "safety net" of sorts (in a major city) where if there is breaking news the affiliate could feed them initial video and information until their correspondent and crews arrive. My reason for saying this is during the Boston Marathon bombing ABC and NBC got a lot of information and at times carried coverage from WCVB, WHDH and NECN right after the bombs went off until the suspects were captured over the week.

Everything Sinclair's done since the late 90's has been a disaster of some sort;

They should be given quite a bit of credit for the rise of WSYX. And they probably do make some money off of Ring of Honor.

we really need to form an angry mob and ransack their HQ already. Who's with me?!

You're asking this after a nutcase drove a dump truck into WMAR? Seriously?!?

That sounds like a disaster in the making.

Seems like a political talk show than an actual newscast. The new anchor currently hosts a show on the right-wing talk station here and his political beliefs just so happens to match Sinclair's. The fact this was announced right after ABC renewed their contract with Sinclair's ABC affiliates is probably no coincidence.

I thought WGNO's "News with a Twist" was the most half ass attempt at a newscast but seems like we have a new contender. According to the article, this new show isnt even going to be produced at KDNL.

You're asking this after a nutcase drove a dump truck into WMAR? Seriously?!?

All I'm saying is that we should all assemble in person and take over the company, so we can dismantle the monopoly machine they've got going, and help restore dignity to the industry; we'll embarrass the FCC while doing it, given how they've just sat on their butts and are content to let Sinclair take over everything. And besides, we're trying to do something good for the industry, and we are perfectly mentally healthy, as compared to the WMAR guy, who didn't seem to have any motivation.

I wonder if this has to do anything with what's going on in Ferguson? I'd imagine ABC could force their hand to start a news operation.

I would imagine the networks like having a "safety net" of sorts (in a major city) where if there is breaking news the affiliate could feed them initial video and information until their correspondent and crews arrive. My reason for saying this is during the Boston Marathon bombing ABC and NBC got a lot of information and at times carried coverage from WCVB, WHDH and NECN right after the bombs went off until the suspects were captured over the week.

ABC probably did pressure Sinclair to do something with KDNL, but as we can see, they did it in the cheapest most half assed way possible.

Sinclair just needs to sell KDNL if this is the best they.could come up with. Markets much smaller than St. Louis get better treatment than this.

All I'm saying is that we should all assemble in person and take over the company, so we can dismantle the monopoly machine they've got going, and help restore dignity to the industry; we'll embarrass the FCC while doing it, given how they've just sat on their butts and are content to let Sinclair take over everything. And besides, we're trying to do something good for the industry, and we are perfectly mentally healthy, as compared to the WMAR guy, who didn't seem to have any motivation.

GardnerFacepalmBig.jpg

There.

Are.

No.

Words.

Everything Sinclair's done since the late 90's has been a disaster of some sort; we really need to form an angry mob and ransack their HQ already. Who's with me?!

Nobody.

I'm so glad you're not in a Sinclair market, so you don't have standing to complain about them. By no means are they a quality broadcaster, but don't hate on them just because they're the biggest.

And the FCC is not content with letting Sinclair take over everything, Sinclair still has many pending apps.

Sorry, but it's just that everybody here complains about them, and I thought that maybe, we as a group could run them better. We could perhaps spinoff the former Fisher/Allbritton stations as a separate company. And besides, I've always wanted to be part of a pitchfork-wielding mob, and Sinc-liar (yes, I'm spelling it like that) seemed like a very viable target.

Sorry, but it's just that everybody here complains about them, and I thought that maybe, we as a group could run them better. We could perhaps spinoff the former Fisher/Allbritton stations as a separate company. And besides, I've always wanted to be part of a pitchfork-wielding mob, and Sinc-liar (yes, I'm spelling it like that) seemed like a very viable target.

Dude, just stop already.

I noticed that too. 30 is probably a cursed number.

I wouldn't read too much into that. KDNL's web address has been abcstlouis.com for quite a few years now. Their Twitter and Facebook handles (yes, they actually have Twittter and Facebook accounts for KDNL) is ABC St. Louis as well.

If this is part of a rebranding, it's an incredibly slow one.

I wouldn't read too much into that. KDNL's web address has been abcstlouis.com for quite a few years now. Their Twitter and Facebook handles (yes, they actually have Twittter and Facebook accounts for KDNL) is ABC St. Louis as well.

If this is part of a rebranding, it's an incredibly slow one.

Same can be said in Harrisburg...where their web address is local21news.com. This was done under Sinclair when they dumped the Inergize platform for their own.

As for WHP....they're still CBS 21 and aside from a stripped logo, little has changed since.

Are you purposefully trying to be a troll?

What your posts are suggesting amounts to anarchy by forcing an unnecessary takeover of a company that has been playing by the rules the whole time. There is no justification for what you suggest, nor would there be any.

It is impossible to comprehend just how wrong-headed you are.

Doug Gealy, who had been a group manager in Sinclair for various mid-Atlantic markets, has abruptly died.

In a press release, David Amy commented, "We are grieved and shocked at the sudden loss of one of our own."

His age was not given. Our sincerest condolences to Sinclair on this tragic occasion.

Geez, he just had that job for a little over a year. It always sucks when someone dies, but it really sucks when it happens so abrubtly like that.

I've had family members that passed away suddenly too so I can imagine how his family as well as the people he worked with at Sinclair are feeling right now.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.