AccuWeather Channel Graphics Revealed?

Weeters

Renderon has posted a bunch of images to it's website that appear to be part of a graphics package designed for the upcoming launch of The AccuWeather Channel, though the site says it's "design direction". Act fast, I'm guessing this was posted in error.

http://www.renderon.com/#/accuweather/

The 3D stuff all looks familiar, including shapes similar to what we've seen in Renderon's past packages for NECN and Scripps. Everything else, in my opinion, looks great. It should be interesting to see this in action.

Guest NewsHound

I saw those the other day! This is the way TWC's graphics SHOULD HAVE been. Very clean, very glassy, very Renderon. One of their best in my honest opinion.

Renderon has posted a bunch of images to it's website that appear to be part of a graphics package designed for the upcoming launch of The AccuWeather Channel, though the site says it's "design direction". Act fast, I'm guessing this was posted in error.

http://www.renderon.com/#/accuweather/

The 3D stuff all looks familiar, including shapes similar to what we've seen in Renderon's past packages for NECN and Scripps. Everything else, in my opinion, looks great. It should be interesting to see this in action.

[yt]nGAwXKWeMRk[/yt]

Also learned that music is from Stephen Arnold.

It certainly looks exciting. From some of the wording the pitch in the video is directed at MVPDs; that version looks more polished and consistent than the exploratory stuff in the stills.

The question is soon to be popped: Can WeatherNation hang on now that AccuWeather is headed for TV? It still doesn't have certain contracts (Cox), and its resources are fairly limited. It also looks as if AccuWeather is going to have a local component of some sort (who knows, that might be a patent suit from The Weather Channel which holds a bunch of patents on things like that).

Archived