Maria Bartiromo and Portable Arri Lights

cbs2newengland

Last week I watched parts of Maria Bartiromo's show on FBN (around the same time when the building or studio had a power surge causing the lights to go out) and I noticed they have a little Arri spotlight that faces Maria. The same portable spotlight is also used on her Sunday morning show on FNC.

What's the reason for this? Does the light make Maria look more pretty? Also this same practice was done in Englewood Cliffs, at CNBC they even had these arris mounted below the teleprompter facing the anchor desk. All that clutter they put on those robots had to put so much unnecessary wear on them!

• 3 months later...

I don't know much about lighting but I have seen an up lights (sorry if there's another name) but I think the premise of them is so that shadows are not visible on camera there by making her pretty. She could have it written into her contract that she gets a fill light when needed.

Archived