New Good Day Co-Host starts Sept. 2

PhillyWatch

Per Molly Eichel of the Daily News...

Welcome Alex Holley to the "Good DayPhiladelphia" anchor desk. She starts Sept. 2. Holley comes to Philly from WMBF in South Carolina, where she was a reporter and morning anchor. Holley, an alum of the prestigious University of Missouri journalism program, originally hails from Texas.

Sounds like tough nuts for Barrett, Hepp, & Timmeny. That morning desk is looking quite crowded.

Wow! Just Wow!

I never thought that she would make a big jump like that this early in her career. To me, she a stellar reporter and and all, but I have those same worries too. Does she have what it takes to be a lead anchor in a major market, like Philly? We just have to wait and see.

But I'm wishing her all of the best. Kudos to Alex.

So, she made her first Fox 29 appearance this morning. I'll say it was a nice introduction, albeit short. Can't believe that 28 hours prior, she was still reporting from the Beach.

But as she gets settled in Philly, I'm hoping that WTXF would give her some decent airtime, (and I'm not talking about just promos) leading up to her big debut in September.

• 1 month later...

I was back at home and saw her on tv this morning. I wish her the best but I have a feeling we'll be back here in the near future. I don't see it for her yet for a DMA 4 maybe a Mid size to 20's but not ready for the big leagues as an anchor (reporter yes)

I was back at home and saw her on tv this morning. I wish her the best but I have a feeling we'll be back here in the near future. I don't see it for her yet for a DMA 4 maybe a Mid size to 20's but not ready for the big leagues as an anchor (reporter yes)

I was thinking about that too. I never remember anyone who jumped from a sub-100 market to one of the top ten big markets in a snap of the finger, (maybe on seldom occasions). And one of my worries when the news was announced, that overtime, if this Good Day thing doesn't work, what would be next for her? Like I said, she's a brilliant reporter (probably better than some (and I said SOME) of these reporters in these big markets). But anchoring in a big market like Philly, I'm worried that it might set the bar a bit too high for her. It's going to be a big challenge, but I'm hoping that she'll pull it through.

Yesterday, it appears that I made an error that it was her last report and they made no mention of her last day. I guess that reason is because she's was on this morning and today was her last day, where they gave her a lovely sign-off.

Also today, WMBF turns six years ago today. Last year, as the station celebrated five years on the air, I posted their cake pic on the shoutbox. And guess who was next to that cake?

Well, in three weeks time, a new chapter in her career will begin on Fox 29.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived