WMUR New Graphics

aleckrohto

I was browsing WMUR's website and their Facebook page, and I noticed a new logo. Also on their YouTube page they have a new intro for videos with new music also. For some reason the video has the old graphics. But I believe they will unveil new graphics tonight at 5pm. I will record the 5pm show.

New Video Intro:

irn7hw1.jpg

g4mnqMy.jpg

The bug looks like they took the Hearst package template and rounded it off to differentiate. It could be interesting to see it the rest of the package would be heavily modified.

inthegroovemusic made an updated version of the classic Hearst signature sometime last year for WMUR. I've heard some of it. The signature is a little altered just a bit, and this is definitely that ITG alteration. I can't wait to see it in action.

The bug looks like they took the Hearst package template and rounded it off to differentiate. It could be interesting to see it the rest of the package would be heavily modified.

Called it...

lDazZAk.jpg?1?7583

Oh my god... That "LIVE" bug looks so god damn ugly

It never looked good. The primary bug looks stupid too, here and on a lot of the Hearst stations. It's big, and, if the station has a round/circle logo, it looks downright weird having their circle logo be confined to or overflowing out of a rhombus.

Oh, and does anyone else think that the L3's are unnecessarily large and distracting? The yellow swipes almost overwhelm the text.

Oh my god... That "LIVE" bug looks so god damn ugly

Keep in mind the LIVE bug would normally be behind their on air station bug which is placed on during master control. It looks the same way on all of the Hearst stations that stream it live.

Weak guys! They've been using these graphics for more than 2 months and nobody has noticed? SMH.

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by that sentence. I watched WMUR a week or two ago, and they still had their 2011 (?) HD graphic package and the trainwreck Gilmer theme.

I thought I was watching WCVB until I saw the L3s that didn't have a 45° angle, and had the curveature on the ends. I like the mic flag, much needed improvement from the flags that were used for 20 years and litteraly bandaided the flags to reflect "WMUR.com" because the original design was the "News 9" from the Imes days. It looks like the WFXT's flags pre-2006 mandates.

I was hoping the news gods would answer my prayer for a radical change. I am for standardization, but the problem for Hearst is they own 4 stations in Central/Northern NE. WMUR became quickly the red-headed step child after being acquired in 2001, because Hearst bought the WNNE station that became a Platsburg NY satellite (Forget the calls) and then WMTW. All those stations used the original mandated packaging and WMUR had to be the opposition of crappy packaging. If you live in the northeast part (Mt Washington Valley, Osspiee, etc.) you were stuck between WMTW and WMUR. Franconia Notch, Dartmouth, you're stuck with WNNE/Platsburg station and any points south of the Lakes region, you were stuck with WCVB and WMUR.

I wished Hearst gave WMUR a stipend and use a one time expense/exception to outsource the graphics something like GO, Hothaus, etc. (and don't let WMUR do the NH way "keep the money in state to support the local economy" BS. No graphics artists in this state have any clue what a broadcast graphics package supposed to look like in the 7th largest market. I'd love 615 Music to compose a custom theme and get Chris Corley to do the voice overs (not that KISS 108/Rock 101 hack Clear Channel vo.) They need an image campaign to let people know that they are known outside the 4 year presidential primaries. They can do it if they got some CSDs, but the last time I walked by 100 S Commercial, there weren't that many cars from back at the height of that operation.

Also does anyone know if WMUR does have a second studio? I remember on their website in the late 90s showed a VR of a second studio. The newsroom is old, its dated, it was never meant to be on TV (the narrow and long setup was so lame to begin with. worse I remember they had a jib on set, and it shouldn't' ever been there to begin with.

WMUR staffers, please take my suggestions into consideration.

I have a feeling that some people are only watching the video from the first post. That's not the new package, that's the old. Look at the montage posted...THAT'S the new stuff.

I have a feeling that some people are only watching the video from the first post. That's not the new package, that's the old. Look at the montage posted...THAT'S the new stuff.

Well why can't they use the same on both?

That is a decent close here most stations use up all their time limits and consequently it's very short. The standard WBAL close starts with a four shot of the desk then cuts to either their far left or far right camera that focuses on the news desk while the cameras are backing up to their "parked position" several feet back - if they have time they'd then cut to either the inner harbor camera or their newer tower camera which they point almost straight down 1000 feet. On more than one occasion the camera was shook violently and it seemed apparent that either it ran over cable or their floor is very uneven.

Anyway back to the graphics I would imagine that these are much easier for integration into the Hearst hub compared to theirs previous package. But it appears the only changes are the removal of the diagrid layer and add the rounded corner.

Nice graphics and music. Just wish they had more variety in the cuts of music that Strive has.

Anyway back to the graphics I would imagine that these are much easier for integration into the Hearst hub compared to theirs previous package. But it appears the only changes are the removal of the diagrid layer and add the rounded corner.

Still it's a nice variation of the main diagrid package. Actually I think this is better than the diagrid package.

Nice graphics and music. Just wish they had more variety in the cuts of music that Strive has.

Still it's a nice variation of the main diagrid package. Actually I think this is better than the diagrid package.

I agree with you that it's a good variation and I'd think it be greater than or equal to the diagrid package if they got rid of those rounded edges.

Archived