MAJOR changes at WPIX

NYNewsCoverage

Apparently the studio they are in now is Studio 2B. I thought it was studio 2A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN4vmH5FsRk&list=UUzqpvO3cxishuzqmx09tnLA

Take a listen at 0:07

Yeah I was thinking of mentioning that too. I always check Jay's videos to see the recap of the PIX Morning News (I'm not around to catch the morning news). That was very odd. I wonder if the opening said 2A or 2B. Craig said "in studio 2B believe it or not", and I'm not sure exactly how to interpret that. Another thing worth mentioning is that when Scott Stanford did the sports desk last Friday, he said that he's going over to "Studio 3C" but the voice-over still said 2A and it's the same spot in the other studio of where they usually broadcast from. Either their studio is spread apart and one part is "2A", another "2B", and one part called "3C" (on the 3rd floor), or the anchors are taking the number 2 (since they're on the second floor of the daily news building) and are making up their own numbers and don't listen to the voice-over. But 2A and 2B are exactly the same studio. Unless....they're two seperate studios that look exactly alike (no I'm just kidding... :awesome: ). I think it's just another example of how unprofessional WPIX is. They don't even know what studio they're in!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was thinking of mentioning that too. I always check Jay's videos to see the recap of the PIX Morning News (I'm not around to catch the morning news). That was very odd. I wonder if the opening said 2A or 2B. Craig said "in studio 2B believe it or not", and I'm not sure exactly how to interpret that. Another thing worth mentioning is that when Scott Stanford did the sports desk last Friday, he said that he's going over to "Studio 3C" but the voice-over still said 2A and it's the same spot in the other studio of where they usually broadcast from. Either their studio is spread apart and one part is "2A", another "2B", and one part called "3C" (on the 3rd floor), or the anchors are taking the number 2 (since they're on the second floor of the daily news building) and are making up their own numbers and don't listen to the voice-over. But 2A and 2B are exactly the same studio. Unless....they're two seperate studios that look exactly alike (no I'm just kidding... :awesome: ). I think it's just another example of how unprofessional WPIX is. They don't even know what studio they're in!

Uhh 3C is the studio he wouldve been in at WNBC I think he may have misspoke...

I listened to Jaynorris' WPIX video today, and Kori Chambers said two things that struck me (regarding the morning news switching to 5am)

1. He said there will be "some surprises" (probably just a gimmick to get people to watch)

2. He really emphasized Lisa Mateo having an even bigger role in the morning news program. I'm not sure if this just means they will stick her back to those stupid location segments, or if she'll be doing more hard news segments. At least they're not pushing her out! (lets hope!)

3. Although unconfirmed reports stated that his contract is up and that he will likely leave WPIX, Dr. Steve seems to be going nowhere anytime soon, which I think is great.

But, watch this video at 10:33. Suki made it seem like he was leaving along with Dan & Marysol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgSOQqPcv6I&index=55&list=UUzqpvO3cxishuzqmx09tnLA

Knn3144's post

Apparently the studio they are in now is Studio 2B. I thought it was studio 2A

https://www.youtube....xishuzqmx09tnLA

Take a listen at 0:07

Jay just did a whole video dedicated to that question. I have no idea why they said that. Craig said it first (you should also consider that he hasn't been on in a while), but then Lisa seemed to reassure him that it was studio 2B.

The reaction to all the changes is overwhelmingly negative on their Facebook page.. Dan Manarino responded to one of the comments under his personal page saying that he's heading to Dallas for 4 weeks and WILL return after that.

The reaction to all the changes is overwhelmingly negative on their Facebook page.. Dan Manarino responded to one of the comments under his personal page saying that he's heading to Dallas for 4 weeks and WILL return after that.

You can tell the anchors are so embarrassed that they work for PIX and have to deal with this crap. I feel so bad for everyone... If Richard Graziano or any PIX Insider is reading this, please do everything in your power to get rid of Mark Effron. Either that or Effron has to step down. But wait, is Effron even making these decisions? Because I believe Barmash might have said that Richard Graziano or Tribune exec. Katherine Green is making all the major decisions at PIX and Effron is nothing but a dead man walking.

And on another note, Tamsen has been by herself yesterday and today. Of course I'm leaning more towards the option that Scott is off, but I'm also thinking that they may just let him go until John Muller takes over and they may hire another sports anchor? The only two reasons that I'm saying this is that

a. Tamsen didn't mention him during the 5pm newscast (She didn't say he was off or anything).

b. The article states that if Effron isn't fired or chooses not to step down, it is more likely that Stanford will be let go. Part of the reason of this is that Stanford is probably too embarrassed that he even bothered taking the job at WPIX. And after re-thinking, I understand anchorman93's earlier post. I am now convinced that Stanford may be more likely to go back to WNBC than stay at WPIX. Also, from a tweet, Andy Adler is apparently running the sports desk tonight. And there's a picture of Adler talking with Tina Cervasio, and she says you can catch me tonight on the sports desk. This also leads me to think the Sports Desk may not be live. But that's a whole other debate.

first "The Test" cancelled, then "Arsenio" suddenly cancelled, then the axing of the 4am portion of the morning news, now this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=735083976552635&set=a.599279753466392.1073741825.345395675521469&type=1&permPage=1

"Judge Mathis" Moves to WLNY after YEARS at PIX (since the beginning IIRC) on Sept. 8. He was in town shooting promos for the next season. What will they fill the timeslot next? Another helping of "Springer"? Both Maury and Steve Wilkos have repeats daily on the sched. Maybe Fergy's "Celebrity Name Game" be the replacement or possible shuffle for the fall sched, who knows?

first "The Test" cancelled, then "Arsenio" suddenly cancelled, then the axing of the 4am portion of the morning news, now this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=735083976552635&set=a.599279753466392.1073741825.345395675521469&type=1&permPage=1

"Judge Mathis" Moves to WLNY after YEARS at PIX (since the beginning IIRC) on Sept. 8. He was in town shooting promos for the next season. What will they fill the timeslot next? Another helping of "Springer"? Both Maury and Steve Wilkos have repeats daily on the sched. Maybe Fergy's "Celebrity Name Game" be the replacement or possible shuffle for the fall sched, who knows?

Maybe, just maybe, they'll add a "Pix11 News at 2" or something like that, as multiple reports claim that Effron wants to put out more broadcasts. Maybe they'll put the extra broadcast there instead of at 11am? That will be an advantage.

Maybe, just maybe, they'll add a "Pix11 News at 2" or something like that, as multiple reports claim that Effron wants to put out more broadcasts. Maybe they'll put the extra broadcast there instead of at 11am? That will be an advantage.

Oh i see, maybe the 'WGN News' of the northeast, something like that, no?

I wonder if they are doing something bigger than we expect on Monday? This is from Craig Treadway on a pic posted with Lisa Mateo

"Craig Treadway

End of an interesting week. Called to anchor one day this week, and remembered why I enjoyed being on the desk for 9 years before all of the changing changes here.

Got to sit next to one of my favorite people Lisa Mateo which was a pleasure. It dawned on me that I have no idea how many times I've sat in that seat. I think it's because everyday for me was a new chance to be the guy who informed and sometimes entertained the viewer. Everyday was a new day and opportunity to connect with you the viewer, many times on a personal level. Yes, at times you heard me talk about lessons from my grandmther, about my amazing wife, and even my dogs, but at all times i have always been mindful of the privilege to be allowed into your homes each day and of the responsibility of delivering information that matters.I've always viewed what I do as service. In some capacity I've been able to do that here in NYC for 17 years now, this month marking 14 years at PIX 11. Though more challenging on some days than others, it is still a privilege and pleasure to serve. If I didn't say it earlier, thank for watching . Have a great weekend, and see you bright and early on Monday for the next chapter of the PIX 11 Morning News.

— with Lisa Mateo

The plan for more hours of news has been scrapped due to financial restraints. The reason they are removing the 4am hour is so they can add another newscast later in the day, later this year.

Change, during the last five years at WPIX, is clearly an understatement.

Since August 2009 (when Tiffany McElory left the station and when Bill Carey replaced Karen Scott,) all of this happened.

The morning team went from Tiffany and Craig, and John and Suki to:

Tamsen and Craig and John and Suki, to

Tamsen and John and Chris Burrous and Suki, to

Tamsen and Craig and (Watkins/Laurie Dhue) and Suki, to

Tamsen and Craig and Frances and Suki, to

Tamsen, Lionel, Craig and Frances and Suki, to

Tamsen and Craig with Lionel as side commentator and Frances and Suki, to

Dan and Marisol and (Kirsten Cole subbing) and Suki, to

Dan and Marisol and Kori and Suki, to

Kori and Suki.

Eight pairings in less than five years.

Change, during the last five years at WPIX, is clearly an understatement.

Since August 2009 (when Tiffany McElory left the station and when Bill Carey replaced Karen Scott,) all of this happened.

The morning team went from Tiffany and Craig, and John and Suki to:

Tamsen and Craig and John and Suki, to

Tamsen and John and Chris Burrous and Suki, to

Tamsen and Craig and (Watkins/Laurie Dhue) and Suki, to

Tamsen and Craig and Frances and Suki, to

Tamsen, Lionel, Craig and Frances and Suki, to

Tamsen and Craig with Lionel as side commentator and Frances and Suki, to

Dan and Marisol and (Kirsten Cole subbing) and Suki, to

Dan and Marisol and Kori and Suki, to

Kori and Suki.

Eight pairings in less than five years.

You forgot the period when Lisa anchored the 4am with Lionel. NINE now!

Many of you will think I'm crazy with this.. But in regards to the whole Studio 2A 2B thing.. Who's to say these opens weren't made for when they move to a new studio (from 2B-2A) and since the average viewer probably doesn't even notice they wouldn't have to redo the opens? Maybe tomorrow? lol wishful thinking but ya never know!

Many of you will think I'm crazy with this.. But in regards to the whole Studio 2A 2B thing.. Who's to say these opens weren't made for when they move to a new studio (from 2B-2A) and since the average viewer probably doesn't even notice they wouldn't have to redo the opens? Maybe tomorrow? lol wishful thinking but ya never know!

hmmm..... I like the way you think! Kori did say there would be some surprises! And Craig Treadway said the next "chapter" of the PIX Morning News, so maybe they're just moving to a different part of the second floor? I doubt it, but like you said, you never know!

I wouldn't be surprised if the "new" Studio 2A is just the newsroom, unless the previous renovations were able to consolodate more people onto the 10th floor from the 2nd floor and clear space for an actual new studio.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "new" Studio 2A is just the newsroom, unless the previous renovations were able to consolodate more people onto the 10th floor from the 2nd floor and clear space for an actual new studio.

I'm not sure if this is how PIX is going to use the newsroom as a studio.

http://www.luckett-farley.com/projects/wpix/

And this video shows the current set as a virtual set

http://vimeo.com/94054700

Archived