Why Debate Sponsors?

jbjimbo

Why does CNN need local sponsors, like WMUR, for a debate? All the networks do it. Is it just for local resources? I can't see CNN getting a lot from a smaller station like WMUR.

Why does CNN need local sponsors, like WMUR, for a debate? All the networks do it. Is it just for local resources? I can't see CNN getting a lot from a smaller station like WMUR.

Slogan aside, this is New Hampshire, and New Hampshire is home of the first primary for the Presidential election. Who knows the state better than WMUR? WMUR is well known for it's ability or organize the big names when it comes to the debates. Why not team with them?

Slogan aside, this is New Hampshire, and New Hampshire is home of the first primary for the Presidential election. Who knows the state better than WMUR? WMUR is well known for it's ability or organize the big names when it comes to the debates. Why not team with them?

Sounds good to me. I live in New York and don't know much about WMUR so it made me wonder.

Sounds good to me. I live in New York and don't know much about WMUR so it made me wonder.

Besides, WUMR is the the only station based in New Hampshire, hence their slogan "No One Covers New Hampshire Like We Do."

Based on your recent posts, like asking if WUSA is a CBS affiliate, seems to make me think you don't know much about anything related to TV.

I assume this is the point where I respond with some smart comment but its simply not worth my time.

WMUR and CNN also held similar debates in New Hampshire before the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections, though these past debates occurred in January, just a few weeks before the primary election.

WMUR and CNN also held similar debates in New Hampshire before the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections, though these past debates occurred in January, just a few weeks before the primary election.

aka when it actually makes sesne to have debates. any1 else thinks these debates are just a little early

aka when it actually makes sesne to have debates. any1 else thinks these debates are just a little early

no1 duz b/c teh presdient iz so kewl LOLROFL!1111!!!!! jk da president iz so stupid!!1!!11!!!!!

(the above comment should not be taken seriously)

::o ::o ::( ::( ::( ::( ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Chris, you right-wing idealouge neocon buttkisser!!!

Anyways, he is right, I mean's just a submarket of Boston (the satellite folks get it not us cable), the only other competiton WMUR has is WNNE 31 which is NBC, and to honest, I never knew that was even there, plus NH doesn't even have a CBS affiliate.

Archived