John Muller To Anchor WPIX 5:00pm and 10:00pm Broadcasts, Scott Stanford to Do Sports

tvnewsjunkie

Where is the so called great John Muller? I am switching to Fox 5 at 5 and 10 now. They must be drunk over there at PIX for pairing this useless duo.

Doing behind the scenes work. Probably begins on the anchor desk first week of July.

Where is the so called great John Muller? I am switching to Fox 5 at 5 and 10 now. They must be drunk over there at PIX for pairing this useless duo.

Well, he's not a felon, or alleged felon, or a miscreant like we were treated to as talent during the Carey years. Keep your shirt on, Muller is coming. He's a real pro.

Well, he's not a felon, or alleged felon, or a miscreant like we were treated to as talent during the Carey years. Keep your shirt on, Muller is coming. He's a real pro.

Just curious, who are you referring to there as a miscreant/fellon? not Jodi Applegate?

I believe he's referring to Mike Sheehan, who was fired by WNYW for the incident below, and Carey hired him at WPIX:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/mike-sheehan-turned-tv-newsman-wrong-side-law-arrested-driving-nypd-horse-article-1.368521

Mike Sheehan was hired by former news director Karen Scott (she left the station on 08.31.09) Incident with Mike happened on 03.31.09 as reported by The News.

The person you might be thinking of is Vince DeMetri - who was let go because of an assault incident (I believe he was cleared) but he had some prior troubles before being hired by PIX - Larry Mendte also was hired around the same time, he was also having trouble with a station in the Philadelphia market before joining PIX.

Mike Sheehan was hired by former news director Karen Scott (she left the station on 08.31.09) Incident with Mike happened on 03.31.09 as reported by The News.

The person you might be thinking of is Vince DeMetri - who was let go because of an assault incident (I believe he was cleared) but he had some prior troubles before being hired by PIX - Larry Mendte also was hired around the same time, he was also having trouble with a station in the Philadelphia market before joining PIX.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him...BTW, is Mike still with WPIX? I haven't seen him lately.

Archived